Jonathan Ross quits BBC

Now this is interesting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/07/jonathan-ross-quits-bbc

It is a bit of a shame. I hope he continues to broadcast but I suppose he was getting a bit too intentionally cozy and mainstream, especially since the Manuel incident, it would be good if he could present a show and go back to his They Think It's All Over persona where IMO he had moments of comic genius.

I know he is has an image of being a bit of an arrogant twat but I have had minor dealings with him and have always found him to be very helpful and generous with his time.

Much as I (sometimes)enjoy him, at least the Beeb might now get somebody in for the film show who can be at all objective.

I shall miss the radio show (I'm sure he'll replicate the TV chat show on another channel).

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 7 2010, 10:53 AM GMT

I shall miss the radio show (I'm sure he'll replicate the TV chat show on another channel).

Ditto. I'll miss the radio show a lot. His TV work I can take or leave.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 7 2010, 10:53 AM GMT

Much as I (sometimes)enjoy him, at least the Beeb might now get somebody in for the film show who can be at all objective.

They're getting Mark Kermode which I guess will be quite fun.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 7 2010, 10:53 AM GMT

Maybe Mark Kermode will get the job? That would be good.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ January 7 2010, 10:56 AM GMT

Ah.

Mark Kemode would be an improvement.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ January 7 2010, 10:56 AM GMT

Especially if you like The Exorcist. :S

I too will miss his radio show.

I think his chat show has run its course and seems to rely on "American Stars" who, to tell the truth, I couldn't give a rat's arse for.

I'd much rather see less "Stellar" home-grown turns on chat shows per se, instead of the massively unfunny Jim Carreys etc.

I'll miss his radio show too. :(
Who is going to replace him on that?

Quote: zooo @ January 7 2010, 11:48 AM GMT

I'll miss his radio show too. :(
Who is going to replace him on that?

Fearne Cotton.

"I signed my current contract with the BBC having turned down more lucrative offers from other channels because it was where I wanted to be and – as I have said before – would happily have stayed there for any fee they cared to offer, but there were other considerations"

Okay, so what are these "other considerations"?

Are we talking about the comedy climate of fear?

I imagine so.
They don't exactly stand by their employees. They just do whatever the braying masses tell them to.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 7 2010, 11:49 AM GMT

Fearne Cotton.

Hahahaha.

God, imagine that. :/

Great news, hopefully I'll be able to watch Film 2010 now. :)

But not with Exorcist-loving-Kermode.