Who's Toby? Series 2 - Online Sitcom Episode 1

Hallo there. It's that time again, when I plug my online sitcom. I know a few of you have enjoyed it and a few of you gave up on it but it is Series 2 time, finally!

The first episode is online and every Monday the next episode will be available.

www.whostoby.com

Check out the first series if you haven't already at: www.whostoby.com/seasonone

-------SPOILERS BELOW-------

And a quick Series 1 recap for those who can't be bothered and want to jump straight in at Series 2:

Aaron and Toby are two kids on their gap year. They have nothing to do and no money. Series 1 follows them as they get new jobs, argue, get girlfriends and cook meals.
One of them has an on-off relationship with a girl called Chelli (pronounced Kelly) and becomes increasingly erratic and grumpy.
The other becomes evermore uptight until he loses his job for a silly prank and struggles with his sexuality. However, by the season finale he has finally found happiness and reveals to his friend that he is dating his ex work colleague Lucky Pierre, a French migrant who once won the Lotto.

I liked it, the shot coulda done with being a little tighter.

The dialogue was quite nice some of the exchanges were funny the french man was just getting a little old before he moved on which was good. Acting is getting better each one :) good work man

Thanks, did you watch the first series?

I actually saw this through your site, so didn't see the "recap", I have to say, I had no idea, what the bloody hell was going on, lol. But now, it makes more sense.

To be honest, I'm not sure if you're good enough yet to be able to pull of a single shot scene like this. Don't get me wrong you did a very good job of it, but my interest was waning after a few minutes.

It's impressive enough producing your own sitcom like this, but if we forgot that and judge it on its own, I'm not too sure? Some nice lines and good acting from you both though.

I liked the bit about the sponge.

The acting is a little bit unnatural although it does add to some of the appeal as I it adds to the english bloke explaining some odd stuff.

some of the jokes I can see written down, like the going to spain gag. I'm not sure it needed three spains when you watch it.

It could be a little tighter I think.

The above is the negatives, on the positive side I thought it was quite funny and enjoyed watching it/listening to it.

The second bit, I didn't really quite get the angle of the dude who comes in, I'm not sure. This one seemed a bit more forced e.g. it was funny on the page.

pretty good though dude, keep up the good work, I might even go back and catch some of the first series

Some decent moments in there I thought. It dragged a bit towards the end. Are you also a fan of Herschell Gordon Lewis then Stu?

I'm not sure I get the reference! Beyond the guy being a director.

The series is actually improvised. There is a loose storyline for each episode and an arc for the series but all dialogue is improvised. Hence the style.

The aim was to create something ultra-real so that it feels like you are just an observer of the two main characters' lives. In that sense it's a slow-burner and as such I know it tends to split people.

He directed a film titled 'The Adventures of Lucky Pierre' which was one of those nudie cuties that were created in the early 60's.

I bloody love that, I need to go and check it out!

Don't be expecting too much, it was the early 60's, so while there are plenty of topless women there aren't many scenes of 3 way sex with him being rogered from behind whilst giving pleasure to another, if any. In fact there are none. It may lead you onto his other works though, Blood Feast, Colour me blood red and 2000 maniacs are classic exploitation...I'm rambling.

Quote: Boits @ October 10, 2007, 1:42 PM

so while there are plenty of topless women there aren't many scenes of 3 way sex with him being rogered from behind whilst giving pleasure to another, if any.

Why don't they put that on the warnings instead of 'contains mild nudity'