I have no TV Page 2

Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Spaced, Phoenix Nights all rock.

And Hi.

I keep thinking the title of this thread is "I have no TV but I must scream."

Thanks for all the friendly hellos and suggestions! I think my main beef with Porridge was that I felt it was more depressing than funny. I got a similar feeling watching Monkey Dust.

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 7 2009, 9:13 PM GMT

Another one !

A few days ago one Colonial hadn't got a VCR now there's one without a tele !

Most advanced country in the world ? My arse !

'Hello Colonial ! I ask the Great White Queen if we have any spare ones and if there's a supply ship being sent over I'll have it put on board.'

'Er, you do have electricity I take it?'

Stone me,they didn't know when they were well off. Sling us out and 250 years later where are they? Where are they?

Up the Potomac with a tele that's where they are Matey!

Tony would have been so proud
:)

It had the word TV in so just thought I'd ask a quick question, can anyone find me a link to the 19:00 ep of Emmerdale on Thurs? Can only find the 20:00 one and the night before ep.

Hi there! If you like The IT Crowd, you should certainly try Father Ted! I'd also recomemend Joking Apart and Coupling. :)

Quote: KeyLimePaige @ December 9 2009, 2:12 AM GMT

Thanks for all the friendly hellos and suggestions! I think my main beef with Porridge was that I felt it was more depressing than funny. I got a similar feeling watching Monkey Dust.

I've just noticed your burger throbbing. I take it you're from the 'deep south', Key, and I recall that Elvis was brought up on squirrels and other rodents. Are they a delicacy in your parts?

Quote: sootyj @ December 8 2009, 5:56 AM GMT

I keep thinking the title of this thread is "I have no TV but I must scream."

Very good. It's not often somebody references Harlan Ellison's seminal short story around these parts. :)

Hi, might be late to respond but just thought I'd add that Black Books and Spaced are playing at fancast in US right now- thanks!

This was suggested on another thread - TVgorge.com
It's American drama and comedy - every episode of a lot of them (has all Top Gear as well). Very much like BBC iPlayer. Quality not brilliant in full screen but watchable.

Quote: KeyLimePaige @ December 9 2009, 7:12 AM GMT

I got a similar feeling watching Monkey Dust.

It's certainly very dark.

Give Outnumbered a go, if it's not been recommended already.