AA Gill is a baboon-killing c**t Page 4

Yes, very true. Sue Perkins is a genuinely garbage old hack.

I could say something really funny here...But you lot don't deserve it.

Poor old Sue. If only she'd had the foresight to have bigger tits and blonde hair, you'd all be kissing her arse instead. :)

I quite like Sue Perkins. She's always struck me as quite quick witted. I bet she could hold her own on Mock The Week.

Quote: zooo @ November 22 2009, 8:15 PM GMT

Poor old Sue. If only she'd had the foresight to have some discernible talent, you'd all be kissing her arse instead. :)

Poor old Sue. If only she'd had the foresight to have bigger tits and blonde hair, you'd all be kissing her arse instead. :)

Laughing out loud

Her friend from Uni married an accountant for Reg Grundy - and she and he hired me and two others to develop and write a sitcom. Never got to a broadcast commission. But since then I wnt on to write for TV as did the two others one of whom is still a good friend of mine to this day. There was a bit of a talk to the twelve shortlisted for a weekend work based interview on the eve of it at an Oxford college they put us up in, and Andrew and I sneaked off to the pub for some beer instead :)

I wouldn't, as her personality would still be the same.

If she was attractive AND was funny then yes, sure, why not? But we're talking about an entirely different person there.

Quote: jim field @ November 22 2009, 9:17 PM GMT

I wouldn't, as her personality would still be the same.

If she was attractive AND was funny then yes, sure, why not? But we're talking about an entirely different person there.

I don't think her appearance is important, after all she's just as useless on the radio

S

Quote: sunbeam @ November 22 2009, 10:24 PM GMT

I don't think her appearance is important, after all she's just as useless on the radio

S

Laughing out loud Very good.

Quote: Griff @ November 22 2009, 10:31 PM GMT

That's right zooo. After all none of us ever criticise the comic genius that is Sheridan Smith.

Hee!

I see your points. But it is very rare that a (stereotypically) attractive woman gets a vitriolic stylee attack like Sue just got on here. The pretty girls just get a vague "she's a bit crap..... but hey she has nice tits so I'll forgive her" kind of thing.

I'm probably not explaining that very well, but I know what I mean. :)

Quote: Griff @ November 22 2009, 10:42 PM GMT

I am certain that if someone started piling abuse in the direction of David Tennant or Daniel Craig then the ladies would be on defending them with "But they're gorgeous" fairly quickly.

Probably some of the blokes too, if recent threads are any guide.

Hehe!

Sue's Ok - and of course she wouldn't care what any of you blokes thought about her.

Quote: Griff @ November 22 2009, 10:31 PM GMT

That's right zooo. After all none of us ever criticise the comic genius that is Sheridan Smith.

Actually Griff... she's f**king good!

I think the vitriol, such as it is, is called down by all the character traits that Gill identifies so accurately. If she was simply 'not funny' that would be an end of it. She is also actively snotty and sarcastic, which passes for wit with people who like to hurt.

She is also that, now increasingly rare, example of the nepotism of the Oxbridge mafia in light entertainment and will never want for work as long as there are lazy commissioning editors out there. Those of us who desire to see fresh talent find that insulting.

The Guardian seems to find her wonderful, but I think that's an example of wishful thinking, social friendship and class solidarity coming together. Perkins is 'on side', therefore she must be good. A mistake that paper makes a lot when reviewing the arts.

S