Live Breakfast TV

LIVE BREAKFAST TV AND 2 PRESENTERS ARE IN THE STUDIO.

Presenter 1:Right next up we have a very exclusive interview…

Presenter 2:He won the hearts of the nation last year in Beijing and triumphed in the face of adversity.

Presenter 1:He was known to the world as the tenacious crab, with his distinctive running style and powerful claw like legs.

Presenter 2:Some said he was like a walking talking fish gliding along the track like a mermaid.

Presenter 1:His success earned him a date with the Queen and lunch with the Prime Minister.

Presenter 2:There were calls in the press for an MBE or even a possible knighthood.

Presenter 1:Not only has he featured in a very successful advertising campaign for Birdseye foods he is now considering representing team GB in Water Polo.

Presenter 2:Now next year he will be competing in the Athletics World Championships and aims to win gold again for Britain.

Presenter 1: We will of course be speaking to 1500m Gold medallist Shawn Hunter.

Presenter 2:And I'm delighted to welcome Shawn to the studio. Hi Shawn

Shawn Hunter is shown on the couch.

Shawn: (BIG SMILE) Hiya Simon,

Presenter 1:Oh i'm sorry that's all we have time for. Thanks for joining us this morning Shawn. Next up the news headlines at 7.

Camera pans quickly to Shawn and then to newsreader

Shawn (looks gutted)

Newsreader: Radical shakeups are being proposed in Britain's Zoos after it was revealed that a Gorilla in captivity has given birth to a baboon…

END

The punchline was a bit predictable after the first few lines, but a good sketch nonetheless :)

Really nice.

Quote: Paul Barker @ November 20 2009, 3:15 PM GMT

Camera pans quickly to Shawn and then to newsreader

Shawn (looks gutted)

I'd lose this bit though as the audience would all get the fact that the presenters are more interested in bumping up their own screen time than chatting to guests.

i must admit originally it wasn't as long and didn't know whether to extend it or not. The ending that Kasm has mentioned was also tweaked a bit. Thanks for the advice though.

The last line is my favourite