Smile and act nice - A tea party invite. Page 3

Here that's called the Moderators.

Laughing out loud

Trolling. I thought it was something like cottaging. That's where young rich people come down to the country and buy quainsty houses for the weekend so they can pretend they know what a rural existence is all about. Try growing some turnips you on your roof top gardens you bastards!

I have brought this back cause I feel we need some serious cucumber sandwiches after reading Dannyjb1's post in Critque. MAKE TEA NOT WAR!

I will not have naughty, cross words!!!! You will drink your tea AND YOU WILL TRY THE SCONES!!!

I'll take on any of the fools that prefer plain scones to cheese. They're probably...racist as well. Oh yes, and unhelpful critiquers. You'd better believe it.

I like a nice french fancy. I have a shop near me that does the most amazing cakes including giant french fancies and MARS BAR CAKE! CAKE MADE FROM WHOLE MELTED MARS BARS!!!! DROOOOOOL!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 27, 2007, 11:11 PM

I have brought this back cause I feel we need some serious cucumber sandwiches after reading Dannyjb1's post in Critque. MAKE TEA NOT WAR!

I will not have naughty, cross words!!!! You will drink your tea AND YOU WILL TRY THE SCONES!!!

If there's scones involved try and keep me away, went down to Devon for a weekend, and paractically lived off creme teas (even got one to take home Laughing out loud)

As for 'the thread' have taken peoples advise from within there and will not be baited, not unless anyone wants to use me for fishing... and then I've got no idea what they are trying to catch.

Can I have a cookie too?

The world cannot exist on niceness alone... kill the cake, kill the cake!

Etc.

Quote: dannyjb1 @ September 28, 2007, 7:31 AM

If there's scones involved try and keep me away, went down to Devon for a weekend, and paractically lived off creme teas (even got one to take home Laughing out loud)

With that Rhoddran cream, or whatever it's called? I find that stuff far too liquidy. More like butter or cheese that's been left in the sun too long and gone all drippy.

I prefer whipped spray cream from M&S. :D

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ August 17, 2007, 1:41 PM

Having a good nose through here I have noticed that while this forum is lovely there is a leetle hint of trolling taking place on the odd occassion, intentional and non-intentional. Some peeps seemd a bit miffed at the 4laughers, some miffed at those being miffed at the 4laughers, the odd comment that was meant to be funny but didn't come across well, nit picking at people's views/tastes/good intentions/monkey impressions. While everyone is different and has the right to do and feel as they wish, sometimes we forget that those who we reply to are people just like us who could be hurt by the things you say. It's better to say "this didn't work" than "this made me throw up my own lung". We all do it without thinking, even me! I thought that maybe it's best to try smooth over the rougher edges and throw a big tea party complete with virtual cakes, cyber sandwiches, and a big pot of the internet's finest earl grey. Nothing brings people together more that a mini batterburg. Everyone is welcome with love. Lovey

http://www.funny-ecards.com/specials/valentine/index.php?CardID=28B799189D448E26D20925403A168854

Help yourself! Forks and plates are on the right.........

how can you have 'unintentional trolling'?

I agree with Aaron and the Slags, I've never seen any trolling on this forum - apart from Chippandale - but I was a lurker then. I think people are misinterpreting critical comments. If people think a sketch/joke/piece insults their comedy intelligence they're likely to say so here. It's only fragile authors who think this is trolling. I'm always sincere. I believe criticism can be even harsher in the real world.

As for the 4Laughers, that's another place. Nothing that happened there has any relevance on this board.

It is harsher is the real world believe me! I have been in the arts since I was twelve and I have heard a lot of real horror stories and have had to develop skin of steel. I really don't have any disillusions. However, I do wonder if some of the things said are actually of any benefit to people. You may point out the flaws but you may also offer no ideas or advice which can make a comment less useful. Also I wonder if it's more to do with the fact that anything can be said here without the fear of a punch in the face. I ask if you ever do put harsh comments down, how else do you except people to react? It's not about ego, it's about how unhelpful the comment is and you shouldn't except any respect as many in the arts who do this do lose a lot of work because they are unhelpful and seen as unsocial, despite how good their work is or how much experience they have. It's not X factor everyone! If something is truly awful, say so, but say why! That's advice to everyone. No one is singled out.

But that's moving away from the point. This thread is for getting along and remembering the fact we are all in the same boat and to bond, regardless of who we are, what we say, what we write, etc, and put aside our differences to enjoy a cookie or two.

PS. This thread is quite old and I'm glad to say this is such a nice place!

rubymae, you are obsessed with cakes my girl, which is nice.

You got me at battenberg, hmm...marzipan.

Awwww!

Ooooh angel cake for me :D