Dolly gets sketchy again

Another from the Dollykins archive.

INT. DEPARTMENT STORE – DAY

A young woman approaches a make-up counter.

YOUNG WOMAN
Hello, I hear you're doing free make-overs.

SALES GIRL
That's right. Take a seat in the chair here. What look are you after?

YOUNG WOMAN
Well, I'd really like to look like Angelina Jolie in that new film.

SALES GIRL
What film is that?

YOUNG WOMAN
I can't remember the name. There's a poster for it outside at the bus stop.

SALES GIRL
Ah yes, I know the one.

The Sales Girl gets to work with her brushes.

CUT TO:

We see the Young Woman from behind. She looks into a hand held mirror and smiles at the Sales Girl.

YOUNG WOMAN
That's great, thanks!

EXT. STREET – DAY

The YOUNG WOMAN stands at the bus stop. She has a drawn on moustache, pair of glasses and a piece of chewing gum stuck on her nose. Behind her is the film poster of Angelina Jolie, similarly defaced.

As soon as it becomes obvious that the punchline is going to be a reveal everyone starts guessing, but you beat me to the punch, so it works.

By the way, was the reference to Angelina Jolie at the "bust stop" a Freudian slip?

Quote: Timbo @ October 22 2009, 9:25 PM BST

By the way, was the reference to Angelina Jolie at the "bust stop" a Freudian slip?

It's been corrected. Cool

I enjoyed the sketch and I didn't second guess the punch line so well done. Look forward to reading more sketches.

Very funny sketch. I laughed.

Liked it.

And because it's short and to the point it would be too fast for the average person to try to second guess.

Very clever and more to the point - very funny. Like Timbo, I anticipated a 'reveal' but the drawn on moustache, etc., took me completely by surprise! :D

Good one, clever reveal.

Nice ending, good one.

Very good. :)

Thanks for comments. :)

This is great. I'd be surprised if this doesn't sell.

I thought this was excellent. Very funny. Nice 1 Dolly!

Thanks Ian and Otterfox.

Quote: Ian C @ October 27 2009, 1:14 PM BST

This is great. I'd be surprised if this doesn't sell.

I'm sure I sent it out when invited to submit to new sketch shows and obviously no luck. :(

I could see this as an advert, something like Maltesers. With the lady eating her chocolate balls, only 173 calories per bag, with a really smug look on her face in front of the poster. Nice and neat, but I have a feeling I've actually seen something like this before. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.
:)