Monty Python: Almost the Truth (The Lawyers Cut) Page 2

I was watching Monty Python and my tit of an ex noticed Eric Idle's voice and recognized it from the 80s Transformers movie. And then he said, are you ready, is he famous?

A documentary that didn't add anything, really. Only interesting bits were some old TV interviews with Chapman. The whole thing started out with a very very annoying style, which it lapsed into at times throughout, but the interviews were okay if unrevealing.

The whole thing had the air of something that was only really done because it will make a useful DVD extra at some point. Depressingly a lot of this kind of shenanigans goes on thesedays. :(

Yes, as a new feature on the 4th re-release of the complete series...

I have at least two 2/3-disc "special editions" of Spinal Tap, even before the latest 25th anniversary one which has just come out. And at least two of Clerks as well.

Okay, not by my choosing, I have every single version of Braveheart, Star Wars and Enemy of the State that have been created.

:( Console

Thanks, I look forward to one hell of a yard sale.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 4 2009, 11:51 PM BST

Well, Eric Idle has lived in LA for many, many years now. Can't say I notice it with Cleese particularly. He's got less of an accentuated upper middle-class accent than when he was younger, but I wouldn't say it's particularly transatlantic.

They've gone American while Terry Gilliam has become English.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 4 2009, 11:53 PM BST

I was watching Monty Python and my tit.../

Have you any idea what sort of mental picture I had at this point?

Another Monty Python Documentary. Produced by the son of Terry Jones. Nice and objective, then.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 4 2009, 11:53 PM BST

I was watching Monty Python and my tit of an ex noticed Eric Idle's voice and recognized it from the 80s Transformers movie. And then he said, are you ready, is he famous?

Serves you right for inviting him around, he's sounds a right dope.
Treat him to a Beatles album it's got the Thomas the Tank Engine bloke on drums, in case he asks who they are.

Quote: youngian @ October 5 2009, 2:16 PM BST

Serves you right for inviting him around, he's sounds a right dope.
Treat him to a Beatles album it's got the Thomas the Tank Engine bloke on drums, in case he asks who they are.

Laughing out loud

This is airing here on IFC from the 18th on, in six parts. I am trying to decide if I should watch, based on the gleaming reviews I've read here.

In 6 parts?! I thought it was only about an hour long...