Songs you hate! Page 7

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 11 2009, 7:24 PM BST

That song is bloody everywhere. It's weird how the advertising industry latches onto a song and won't let it die.

However, some of the worst offenders are You Tube posters, if I hear Craig Armstrong's Escape just one more time...

Aww, I really like Hanging/Escape but I agree it's used far, far too much. I blame Top Gear.

Bruises by Chairlift

Put the song in one Apple commercial, everyone plays it on the radio and it's stuck in my head for 3 days.

I like chairlift!

I hate it when Apple uses a song already in my collection because then I get "Oh you got that from the ad" when I have actually had it for six months.

I do too. But I get the song worm from that song and it drives me insane!

The recent one is one I have too.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ October 11 2009, 7:40 PM BST

Aww, I really like Hanging/Escape but I agree it's used far, far too much. I blame Top Gear.

That's where I first heard it and thought it was brilliant but it has become overused to the point of redundancy on You Tube.

The song I really can't stand to hear even one more time is 'I Believe in Life After Love' by Cher. God that tune grates on my very raw nerves.

Black Box-Right on Time. Every time I hear that grated horrible screaming voice it reminds me of my ex-wife.

The other day I heard the original song they use in Shooting Stars for the 'he's a baby' intro music.
I had nooo idea it was from an actual song, I thought they'd just made it up!

Quote: zooo @ October 12 2009, 3:43 PM BST

The other day I heard the original song they use in Shooting Stars for the 'he's a baby' intro music.
I had nooo idea it was from an actual song, I thought they'd just made it up!

:O

Surely you jest?!

Nope!

I must have a blind spot for... whoever does that song. :)

Quote: zooo @ October 12 2009, 3:45 PM BST

Nope!

I must have a blind spot for... whoever does that song. :)

Do you mean legendary rock gods Led Zepplin? And they're seminal classic 'Black Dog'?

:$ Embarrassed to know you now.

Heh. Led Zeppelin, that's the ones. I really know NOTHING about that era/genre of music.
I'm sure if I'd been alive then I'd have more appreciation, maybe, although I'm not that into music as a subject. I love particular bands, but my brain is too filled up with TV, films and books I think.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 12 2009, 3:48 PM BST

Do you mean legendary rock gods Led Zepplin? And they're seminal classic 'Black Dog'?

:$ Embarrassed to know you now.

Awwwwww, haha. If only Take That'd done a cover :P

Ooh yes!

Anything by kings of leon