Last Laugh's Last Stand? Page 2

I tried all of them and obviously submitted the wrong one - the Old Guys. I bet they use my ideas one day.

Good lord. Last Laugh ay? The good old days... :)

Quote: Chappers @ September 22 2009, 11:28 PM BST

I tried all of them and obviously submitted the wrong one - the Old Guys.

How different was the Last Laugh version from that which finally made the screen? And was any of the winner's contribution used?

Quote: Nogget @ September 24 2009, 12:16 PM BST

How different was the Last Laugh version from that which finally made the screen? And was any of the winner's contribution used?

I didn't watch it, but my understanding was that very little contribution from the winner was used.

Quote: Ironhide @ September 24 2009, 1:11 PM BST

I didn't watch it, but my understanding was that very little contribution from the winner was used.

Aye, we were all mightily pissed off about the actual shows.

Quote: 2ChristianTypists @ September 22 2009, 11:18 AM BST

So where did folk here get to with the competition...?

Just curious...(!).

Not quite as far as you... ;)

Hi bill,
i remember those days fondly.
Those were the golden times of forum posting.
Jugs and ermm.....who else? J

memories... like the corners of my mind... http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbtalkscot/F2141455

:)

I keep one of my dodgy sash windows open with copies of the Last Laugh book, which I had a box of at one time. The Sitcom Trials, you'll remember, staged a couple of shows in the Comedy Pub road-testing LL entries before the deadline, then staged a two day event at Ealing Studios showcasing all the shortlisted scripts.

Two of our actors (Wanda Opalinska and Nick Ewans) ended up in the TV version of Last Laugh, and it was from that appearance that Wanda ended up in Corrie. Not interesting, but true.

Hi Bill

still have a copy of my attempt at good Morning Miss Milton. At the time I thought it was reasonably good....on reflection it's cringe-worthy! Laughing out loud

Hello all! With true Scottish thrift, I used the blank sides of my printout of all the scripts for later drafts of other things I was writing. I still have my 10 mins of 'Last Quango' and keep hoping I'll find another use for it. However no doubt if I re-read it, I'll find that it's mince and not the brilliant witty effort I fondly imagined it was at the time.

My last ten mins was so good they had to issue bromide to all the staff within a five yard or four skin radius. Alas, the script was destroyed by floods of laughter tears and geezers of semen from the reading room crew.

It's all just BBC legend now of course, but I still get hate mail from other entrants.

I did Miss Milton... (Sounds like a boast) Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud (See how I Just slipped that in)I know,I know, what a guy. Cool

I was Roodeye of course.

Quote: WRITEFORESKIN @ October 12 2009, 5:26 PM BST

I was Roodeye of course.

Of course.

Really?

And who or what is E Skin?

Quote: WRITEFORESKIN @ October 12 2009, 5:26 PM BST

I was Roodeye of course.

No.... I was Roodeye!

No! It was me! It was me! It was meeeee!