Sitcom Trials Autumn '09 Page 36

We have plenty to go on. It's something as I said before, that's quite original but it's also something that we felt we could adapt for the stage, where as a lot of our other ideas that we had were only going to work with changing locations and that might have been difficult given that there was only one stage and 13 minutes in total

My entry had two stages. :)

Quote: Marc P @ September 16 2009, 1:01 PM BST

My entry had two stages. :)

You're out of luck then, we're only allowed to use one at the Leicester Square Theatre. :P

Anyone planning to do any live shows in the future?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 16 2009, 1:25 PM BST

You're out of luck then, we're only allowed to use one at the Leicester Square Theatre. :P

Two if you get in the final! :D

Quote: Marc P @ September 16 2009, 4:55 PM BST

Two if you get in the final! :D

I'll actually need two stages for my cutting edge and incredible audacious "House" and "Garden." :)

So it's been over a week since we all sent off our individual sitcoms. I wonder, is everyone else in here as curious as I am, to find out what the readers thought of our scripts?

No. I take Prozac, scotchwhisky sometimes, watch EastEnders and contemplate the cosmos. There is no need for writers to be neurotic wrecks! Please no one else ask this tedious question for another month at least. Thank you.

Quote: chipolata @ September 16 2009, 5:40 PM BST

I'll actually need two stages for my cutting edge and incredible audacious "House" and "Garden." :)

Cutting hedge?

>_<

Quote: chipolata @ September 16 2009, 5:40 PM BST

I'll actually need two stages for my cutting edge and incredible audacious "House and Garden." :)

Is it an office based sitcom?

Quote: Adam Blaize @ September 17 2009, 9:36 PM BST

So it's been over a week since we all sent off our individual sitcoms. I wonder, is everyone else in here as curious as I am, to find out what the readers thought of our scripts?

Post it up in Critique if you want a quicker response Adam.

Meanwhile I was wondering re the bit about if you have actors/directors available etc to let them know early - whether that is if you get chosen or before then? I imagine Ricky Gervais for example or Stephen Fry aren't always going to be available and might need a bit of notice.

Quote: Marc P @ September 18 2009, 9:32 AM BST

Post it up in Critique if you want a quicker response Adam.

I don't think that's a good idea at all.

Quote: Adam Blaize @ September 16 2009, 4:54 PM BST

Anyone planning to do any live shows in the future?

What sort of live shows? Stand up or put on a sitcom on stage?

Quote: Chappers @ September 18 2009, 8:49 PM BST

I don't think that's a good idea at all.

Why not?

There may be something in the competition terms.

Also it could affect your chances...........possibly.