Writing Time

So I'm sat down to write. Scene plan adjacent, cup of tea and the ipod plugged into speakers. What am I missing?

Talent. Haha.

Just read your profile. Is Power out Prods your site? Also the pic for Matchstick men makes me wanna know more! What's it about and when it's made are we gonna be able to watch the filmed pilot say on YouTube or something?

Yeah that's our site. My production partner is working on getting it updated soon so hopefully we'll have a flash new theme to it in the next couple of weeks.
We've got one more day of filming to do and then hopefully we will wrap on the first episode. Once all the post-prod magic is done we'll put it up on the site and probably other video sharing sites.
The sit is basically three friends in their 20s who spend most of their lives sabotaging each other with a bit of a surreal twist in each episode. Everything sounds crap when I describe it but hopefully the magic will be in the dialogue and the chemistry between our 3 leads.

Quote: Ross Armstrong @ September 14 2009, 7:54 PM BST

The sit is basically three friends in their 20s who spend most of their lives sabotaging each other with a bit of a surreal twist in each episode. Everything sounds crap when I describe it

If you can get it not sounding crap is good.

Thanks for that nugget.

Go on then, I'll bite...

Is it anything to do with the Nicolas Cage film?

(There's a lot of people trying to 'subtly' promo their stuff in this forum all of a sudden (jonik - are you also involved in this production perchance?). Not that there's anything wrong with that I suppose...)

Hi Stan, no it's not related to the film of the same name and I don't know jonikversal but he seems like a pleasant chap. What are you working on yourself?

What with Jonik joining at the same time as you and being overly enthusiastic about the release of your pilot this really did look like a fake thread.

Good luck with it btw, welcome to the forums. Hope you get stuck in to the discussions and feel free to promote stuff by adding to your sig.

Erm, no we don't know each other.

I must remember to not be pleasant or be mildly interested in anything again :)

I just thought from the one picture on the site it looked interesting, slight dark overtones. All I did was read some guys profile, I just looked at your site aswell...do we know each other? :)

A very good site aswell may I add!

Shh, they're on to us! The website will be updated soon with an interesting new theme ***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT*** :D

yeah, yeah, I've already explained my reasoning. :)

It may not be a bad idea to have a sub-forum for people to promote their new projects (i.e. pinned under the 'Opportunities' one) as opposed to getting it critiqued. There's a lot of people on here that produce stuff and it would be good to have to place where you can see what people are up to.

Nah you're right it did look like a setup. I like the idea for the forum.