Derren Brown: Predicting the Lottery Page 18

Ha!

Well, I liked the last five minutes.
I fast forwarded a lot of the rest.

I'm still totally non-plussed about this. He reveals the lottery numbers after the BBC have announced them, and then tells us how he did it. WTF, it's just a total non-event.

Heh. On a positive note, the next one does sound brilliant.

Half the population of the UK is rooted to the sofa most nights, so what's new?
:)

But when they need another armful of Pringles and Tizer they can go and get them.
This time they will have to go hungry.

It's done by sublimial messaging. It's surprising effective. I have used sublimial CDs and stuff in the past and it can be very powerful....

....Scary freaky Robot Wizard!

I am exciteded. And a bit scared.

Quote: SlagA @ September 12 2009, 9:13 PM BST

Half the population of the UK is rooted to the sofa most nights, so what's new?
:)

Is that including the Ents?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ September 11 2009, 9:41 PM BST

I am watching something else, due to parents. Can someone please post to me/PM me how he did it, if it's not hugely long?

Do you only have one television in your house?

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 12 2009, 1:11 AM BST

I reckon that by the end of the series he will reveal all about the lottery "prediction", but in what way I'm not quite sure.

I reckon he'll resort to doing the elephant impression.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 12 2009, 1:13 AM BST

Ultimately he's going to have to either explain what happened to those white balls in the seconds between the draw finishing and his turning of the podium to reveal the balls (unlikely to happen) or he's going to have to pull off something so spectacular that we forget the disappointment of tonight.

(unlikely to happen)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 12 2009, 1:38 AM BST

I was just friendly. :(

That's what Annie Chapman would have said.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 12 2009, 1:39 AM BST

I was going to explain how it was a rubbish trick, but I've changed my mind. How Derren Brown of me. :P

LOL.

Quote: Badge @ September 12 2009, 2:53 AM BST

Who'd have thought he'd end up more successful than Lenny and Tracey?

:D

Quote: Leevil @ September 12 2009, 2:56 AM BST

there must be a young magician out there (lets call him Aaron), who has all the talent and abilities, but none of the financial backing to put on a show and make Big Ben disappear.

Heheh. You knows it.

Quote: sootyj @ September 12 2009, 11:36 AM BST

The thing he did with the armed robberies was ace.

As is his abbility to persuade men to have sex with some one who looks like a vampire serial killer, with a beard

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I think it's time for some reasoned opinions here both on the prediction and on the revelation show and, having giving it some thought, on balance, by and large, taking all things into account, weighing each against the other,the irrefutable conclusion has to be that Derren Brown is a tosser who should not occupy one moment more of any sensible person's thoughts.

Angry

Can't be arsed reading though 18 pages of theories but in case nobody's seen this yet, it would appear to be the most plausible and well-thought-out answer yet. http://poeljames.googlepages.com/HowDerrenDidIt.html

Quote: Lee Henman @ September 14 2009, 2:00 AM BST

Can't be arsed reading though 18 pages of theories but in case nobody's seen this yet, it would appear to be the most plausible and well-thought-out answer yet. http://poeljames.googlepages.com/HowDerrenDidIt.html

Yup. That's the theory a few of us put forth in earlier pages.

Hats off to Derren, he's managed to make one of the most talked about TV shows of the year.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 14 2009, 11:19 AM BST

Yup. That's the theory a few of us put forth in earlier pages.

It was ME!!!!! I said that, MEEEEEEE!!!!

First guessing the murderer in Psychoville and now this, it feels good to be the king again.

All praise me for I have no LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!