For All Us Idiots Page 2

Ssshhh. :)

They only take little bits back at a time. And if you cleverly keep your earnings below (what is it?) £12,000 or something, then they never take a penny back!
Free education. As long as you don't get a good job after. Which as you say, you won't.

I think it might be £15. Not certain. I don't understand how the Government want more people, particularly from "disadvantaged backgrounds" (i.e. "the poor") to go to university, and yet they load us up with such crippling, ludicrous debt! I guess that their theory is that the education will allow them to get better, more well-paid jobs, but as those of us in the real world know, it doesn't exactly work quite so simply as that. I really hope that I'm not the only one who can see how stupid and backwards the whole system is!

Quote: Aaron @ September 8, 2007, 12:03 PM

I think it might be £15. Not certain. I don't understand how the Government want more people, particularly from "disadvantaged backgrounds" (i.e. "the poor") to go to university, and yet they load us up with such crippling, ludicrous debt! I guess that their theory is that the education will allow them to get better, more well-paid jobs, but as those of us in the real world know, it doesn't exactly work quite so simply as that. I really hope that I'm not the only one who can see how stupid and backwards the whole system is!

The trouble is everyone who goes to uni gets a degree and so they're all competing against each other for the few jobs going.

Was that the idea of uni?

I suppose we're judged now by which university we went to, rather than that we went at all.

Yes, just having a degree is a bit 'me too' these days...

Who hasn't dahling...

If you tell an employer you've got a degree they say 'so what?' unless it's something useful, like Accountancy!

Quote: jacparov @ September 8, 2007, 10:26 AM

school of hard knocks: 84-94.
University of life: 96-?

Jurassic Park!

It'd certainly liven up lectures if a thumping great T. Rex popped its head round the door.

Quote: Jude @ September 8, 2007, 2:39 PM

It'd certainly liven up lectures if a thumping great T. Rex popped its head round the door.

T. Rex: Is this history class?

Tutor: No that's down the corridor.

T. Rex: Thank you.

Tutor: Get it on!

T. Rex: Yes, that doesn't get old.

Laughing out loud I like a bit of Marc Bolan.

Quote: Jude @ September 8, 2007, 2:39 PM

And ate the lecturer.

Well, I can dream!

Sorry did I use the wrong term then? Lecturer, not tutor!

Depends what kind of 'class' it is!

Uni was a mystery to me, that's what you get when you go one called The Scooby-Do-U.

I don't even know what that joke is...

I wish I could find a course taught by Professor Indiana Jones.

That was my vision of university as a child...
What a disappointment that turned out to be.

i dont no wat to do, are there any jobs after a psychology degree??? i need to know by tuesday xx