Funniest sitcom episode plot ever

Bit of an obscure one, am curious if there have been any episode plots that you have heard about and made you laugh before you watched the episode. I know most sitcom plots are fairly funny but I am struggling to think of that many where you laugh at the idea itself without seeing it unfold. I read about an episode of 30 Rock where Liz Lemon went out with a boring black guy who kept the relationship going by playing the race card and this made me chuckle - so I guess this counts as one.

I am genuienly curious as to peoples answer hence I have decided to write this comment in order to put it up active thread list.

I remember that Bilko episode where he has that money making scheme, and it so nearly works, but then at the end he's back to square one.
Still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Sometimes they run adverts (trails) letting you know what's happening in the next week's episode - I remember seeing the trail for Red Dwarf and all they had to say was 'Rimmer World' and I was laughing.

Imagine my surprise when I tuned in and it was people sticking their tongues up each other's bumholes.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 20 2009, 10:16 PM BST

I remember that Bilko episode where he has that money making scheme, and it so nearly works, but then at the end he's back to square one.
Still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Yes and then Only Fools and Horses ripped it off and Gordon Brown.

Actually for me it's probably "the bad thing" episode of Peep Show.

Blackadder - Amy and Amiability.

The disabled episode of IT Crowd where Roy is busting for a piss at the theatre and gets caught using the disabled loo only to have to pretend he's disabled for the rest of the episode.

A Bilko plot worthy of a mention is Col. Hall's production line system for army enrolment that was so slap dash they accidently enrol a chimpanzee on roller skates as a private.
As a consequence they have to organise a court martial with Bilko defending the monkey as a punishment. Unfortunately Bilko manages to blag it so well he gets the chimp off the court martial charge.

More than half a century old and still pure gold.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ August 21 2009, 10:09 AM BST

The disabled episode of IT Crowd where Roy is busting for a piss at the theatre and gets caught using the disabled loo only to have to pretend he's disabled for the rest of the episode.

Yeah, The IT Crowd seems one of the best for funny plot ideas. The idea of Roy and Moss making friends with armed robbers is one of my favourite plots ever.

Edited by Aaron.

I quite like that episode of Terry and June where June misunderstands something Terry says and spends the whole episode at cross purposes with Terry. All is sorted out though over dinner with Terry's boss.

I'd go for the Dad's Army episode Operation Kilt.

The Seinfeld episode where Elaine and her boyfriend both think they are from ethnic minorities and therefore more interesting.

And the Sponge episode of Seinfeld. Amazing concept.

What is the title of the sponge episode? I don't recall seeing it.

Edited by Aaron.

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ August 25 2009, 7:27 PM BST

what is the title of the sponge episode- I don't recall seeing it

The Sponge.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 25 2009, 7:37 PM BST

The Sponge.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 25 2009, 11:13 AM BST

I quite like that episode of Terry and June where June misunderstands something Terry says and spends the whole episode at cross purposes with Terry. All is sorted out though over dinner with Terry's boss.

That's an ace one.