Outnumbered - Series 1 Page 9

Ben's the only stressful one. I could probably do without him. (Not his fault or acting ability.)

That storyline with the oldest boy's bruises and the little sister asking about them looks like it might be quite good. And doesn't seem out of place, like I thought a more serious storyline would feel.

Didn't think tonight's was quite as good as the previous two, but then they were removed from the house setting, which I quite like (I want to live there). Still lots of laugh out loud moments though, and Ramona is just freaking brilliant. I want one. :)

"When your dead are foxes going to dig up your body like they did to my hamster."

Sorry, but give the little girl an Oscar or a packet of toblerone. Anyway, i enjoyed tonight's but it was not as good as yesterday, some nice character development though.

Aha, just found this quote from Andy Hamilton.

When the BBC saw the pilot, they thought it would sit quite happily in the bedtime slot and decided to run it more as an event across three consecutive nights on two consecutive weeks – so that is what they commissioned. It's a good slot to launch new comedy because it's far away from the feeding frenzy of the mainstream slots.

So he won't be angry at all. It's intentional and known from the start. :)

Quote: hotzappa11 @ August 30, 2007, 11:22 PM

"When your dead are foxes going to dig up your body like they did to my hamster."

Sorry, but give the little girl an Oscar or a packet of toblerone.

Hear here! (Or here here? Or hear hear? Hmm...)

We should start the Ramona Marquez Fanclub! :D

Hi all. *waves*

I guessed that Ben was seven or eight because he's in the "I'm invulnerable"/"this weapon destroys the world" mode that I remember being in at that age.

I happen to like it, as it appears to be fairly normal life, rather than ridiculously staged encounters in a family, a la My Family, which is fun, but can get to be too much.

For the record, my favourite characters are Jake and Karen.

Hello you.

I just read the cast list.
Tyger Drew Honey!
Ace.
I wish *I* had a cool name.

Well, it might sound cool,but it must get the most unbelievable teasing. I share my surname with one of our previous Prime Ministers and the amount of "fun" that people had with that at school, even years later, was huge.

Good point. Things like this only become cool well above school age.

But, he'd always be able to do that "Tyger Honey?", "Yes darling?" thing with the teachers.
That makes it worthwhile in my view.

*rofl*

That would be kind of eerie though. The 11-year-old boy in his school uniform, apparently chatting up the teacher...

Hello! :)

Also, I just noticed that too, zooo. (Ooh, I does rhymez!) Bloody odd name, I must say.

Hi Aaron (and Zooo, for that matter).

I'm guessing that either his parents are new age or it's a stage name. It could also be from the scary names department, such as Frank Zappa's infamously named daughter, Moon Unit.

I reckon his parents planned an actor and sent him to stage school at age three.

Well, on the topic of ridiculous names, Graham Norton's latest show had a lady in her 30s with 44 first names. (That's not a typo.) I think they were actually surnames, as she was apparently named after half a tonne of famous boxers.

What was even more daft was that her brother's full name was identical except for a different first "first name".

Quote: Arakhor @ August 30, 2007, 11:55 PM

Hi Aaron (and Zooo, for that matter).

I'm guessing that either his parents are new age or it's a stage name. It could also be from the scary names department, such as Frank Zappa's infamously named daughter, Moon Unit.

Or Zowie Bowie. Or any of the children of Bob Geldof/Paula Yates, Chris Martin, etc etc.

Dwezel!