Nerd News Page 31

First 5 minutes of the new Blood movie can be seen here along with Rick Gervais new movie 'The Invention of Lying that has an incredible cast (Tina Fey, Louis CK, Jonah Hill, a bunch of actors from his past shows)

Quote: Curt @ June 25 2009, 2:29 PM BST

I loved the comics. They were some of the first adult oriented comics I ever read years ago. I also loved the movies. I can't really see how they could have made them better besides the changes they made to Abe (which I really hated). I thought Part 2 was better than the original even.

Part two was better than the first movie, but they really didn't have the feel of the comics; that weird creeping horror. The films seemed much lighter and comedic. Enjoyable enough in themselves, but not quite the Hellboy of the comics for me.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 29 2009, 7:44 PM BST

Part two was better than the first movie, but they really didn't have the feel of the comics; that weird creeping horror. The films seemed much lighter and comedic. Enjoyable enough in themselves, but not quite the Hellboy of the comics for me.

Well, if it isn't Nerdy McNerdson, nerding it up in nerdsville!

Quote: David Bussell @ June 29 2009, 7:50 PM BST

Quick run Bussell's the jock is here to give us nerds wedgies!

Quote: David Bussell @ June 29 2009, 7:50 PM BST

Yeah, well, you're . . . shut up!

From ComicBookMovie.com:

New Live-Action Star Wars TV Show Coming Soon

Rumor has it that pre-production is under way.
According to this awesome report from that crafty dick Russ Fischer at SlashFilm. SciFiWire reported that writers are being assembled in Australia to kick off the long rumored show in late 09. Here's what else they had to say:

"Goerge Lucas, who will be relatively hands-off as an Executive Producer, has said several times that the show would run at least 100 episodes, and at one point there was word that could be upped to 400. He has described the show as "Deadwood meets The Sopranos in space" and repeatedly claimed that no major characters from the films would be integral parts of the storyline, but that some characters could show up as cameos. The Empire will be rising in the background, and we'll hear about the Emporer, but not see him."

Sounds juicy. But wait there's more...

"Early last year, producer Rick McCallum confirmed that Boba Fett would be 'an instrumental part' of the new series, which is set in the transitional timeline between Episode III and IV. Later it was reported that McCallum wants to see Daniel Logan, the young Boba Fett from the prequels, in the Fett armor for the series. The SciFiWire report says that "high-quality writers from the Aussie TV industry, including writers from Love My Way and Secret Life of Us" are being assembled. And a couple of months ago Rose Byrne seemed to confirm that casting had begun in Australia."

Boba Fett better be done right, or this will tank hard and fast. The article also goes on to say that Lucas will be self-financing, but does not yet have a distribution partner. I think if (and this is a very big if) this is done right, it would be perfect for SciFi channel's line up. Especially in wake of Battlestar Galactica's run coming to an end. Of course Caprica is on the way... But why not both? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think they should leave the whole series alone. They've damaged it enough with the last four films. And yes, I am including Return of the Jedi in that. The cartoony thing isn't bad, but my four and a half year old son hates it and would rather watch anything else on kid's TV, which tells me they're rather missing their target audience.

New Live-Action Star Wars TV Show Coming Soon: Epic Fail.

Dr Doom does stand-up.

Oh dear.

Hmm. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8145865.stm

Yes, I saw that. Deadpool/Weapon X and The Green Lantern. I wonder how that will work if a Deadpool movie spin-off ends up on the cards.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 14 2009, 8:28 PM BST

Yes, I saw that. Deadpool/Weapon X and The Green Lantern. I wonder how that will work if a Deadpool movie spin-off ends up on the cards.

I think a Deadpool movie was on the cards, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets shunted now he's going to be the Green lantern.

Well, at least it's not Justin Timberlake as TGL. He and the long haired guy from The Hangover were also in final three for the role.

Star Wars: The Clones Wars Season 2 Trailer

Planet Hulk trailer