The Life And Times Of Tim

Did anyone see the first episode of this new animated comedy which is airing on Virgin1?

Promising I thought. I like the style of humour, with the lead very strong. Reminded me strangely of an older animation favourite, Dr Katz.

Worth taking a look I reckon.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 12 2009, 1:21 AM BST

Did anyone see the first episode of this new animated comedy which is airing on Virgin1?

Promising I thought. I like the style of humour, with the lead very strong. Reminded me strangely of an older animation favourite, Dr Katz.

Worth taking a look I reckon.

Unfortunately Virgin seems to be the kiss of death for shows. The Riches, The Unit, Chuck, and The Sarah Connor Chronicles were all on it and all cancelled. I used to love Dr Katz, though, so I'll try to catch it before the canning.

Isn't Chuck still going? I'm sure I read it was nearly axed. But then not.

I saw the first few minutes of this, with the prostitute, and thought it looked pretty funny.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 12 2009, 11:20 AM BST

Isn't Chuck still going? I'm sure I read it was nearly axed. But then not.

Yeah, but once they start dicking around the show's as good as dead. Although I do quite like it, so I hope it staggers on.

Quote: chipolata @ June 12 2009, 11:18 AM BST

Unfortunately Virgin seems to be the kiss of death for shows. The Riches, The Unit, Chuck, and The Sarah Connor Chronicles were all on it and all cancelled. I used to love Dr Katz, though, so I'll try to catch it before the canning.

Is this an original show for Virgin1 then? As I said, it looks pretty promising, would like to know if it's a) airing in the US and b) whether it's got a following.

Pity no-one repeats Dr Katz. It flew a bit under the radar the first time. Would suit a channel like Dave perhaps?

http://www.episodeworld.com/show/Life_And_Times_Of_Tim

HBO production. Fate to be determined.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 12 2009, 11:38 AM BST

Pity no-one repeats Dr Katz. It flew a bit under the radar the first time. Would suit a channel like Dave perhaps?

I thought I saw it recently somewhere, on Comedy Central maybe, but I could be wrong.

The ones featuring Ray Romano were very good, before he got a little more cuddly in his sitcom.

I really like this show. It has an interesting sense of reality in the way people communicate, and the scenarios are beautifully awkward.

Good performances, nice and crude looking.

I've seen all of this series and grew to really like it. As it progresses they don't really pay too much heed to authenticity (I know, it's an animation!)and the telegrpahing of the 'scrapes' Tim gets into is preposterous but once you accept this it becomes great for what it is. There are some laugh out loud moments and episodes, anything featuring the boss and Keith the Dog are always great and there are a nice set of supporting chaeracters. I do hope this gains popularity and that everyone enjoys and discusses it here.

How/where did you get to see the whole series? I'm sticking with this show, it just sort of grabbed me straight away. To be honest, I threw away any ideas of credible situations after the 1st episode "inviting a hooker round by accident" scenario. But so what? It's credible on its own strange terms.

This aired here in the US on HBO quite a while back. I watched an episode while konked out on the couch from medication and didn't quite "get" it, but I blame the drugs. I'll have to give it another view.

Tim, I saw it via the magical world of downloads, really enjoyed it.

Seen a couple more episodes of this and thoroughly enjoying it. Like the Micheal Cera-esque delivery from the lead actor.

Here's the link to Tim on the Virgin site, where they have a preview of Episode 4 and other stuff...

http://www.virgin1.co.uk/shows/the-life-and-times-of-tim/

Now that I'm not doped up on pain meds, I found it to be really funny. I'd highly recommend it.

Just started watching it...utterly hilarious!!!!