And now, the end is near... Page 2

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 5 2009, 3:20 PM BST

As a result of an intervention I made, Aaron has given me an official warning.

Reminds me of when I was a kid and whenever my brother hurt me and I complained to my mum I'd get told off for whining and telling tales.

This all reminds me of that time when Oscar Wilde ordered the lasagne.

You already did that joke and nobody laughed then either.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 5 2009, 4:02 PM BST

Reminds me of when I was a kid and whenever my brother hurt me and I complained to my mum I'd get told off for whining and telling tales.

My mum was very even-handed - whenever anyone ran to her crying because a sibling had hurt him, we all got a smack, including innocent bystanders.

Quote: Griff @ May 5 2009, 3:59 PM BST

OK I'll spell it out for you then.

He didn't leave because of the trolls. He left because when he very politely tried to do something about the trolls, he got an official warning without having broken any site rules.

Is that clear enough now?

Call me crazy, but I don't think your being a condescending tit is going to help things.

Well, you seemed determined to pretend the situation was something other than it was, so someone had to set the record straight. If the price of that is you calling me a tit, I can live with that.

I thought I'd quite clearly allowed for the obvious fact that he was annoyed with Aaron when I said the trolls weren't 'the only' reason he was leaving.
So your post seemed needlessly condescending.
But never mind, eh. Bigger fish to fry and all that.

Quote: zooo @ May 5 2009, 4:30 PM BST

Call me crazy, but I don't think your being a condescending tit is going to help things.

Don't call me a tit Zooo :) because I am honestly not sure in this case. But should it be 'your' or 'you're' here?

It's very much like the British police seem to be at the moment - allowing gangs of yobs to run wild over the estate, then when the law-abiding citizen makes even the mildest effort to stop them, they're the ones that get hauled in.

Double standards, in other words.

I was a lot more abrasive than Graham (what an absolutely top guy) but my intentions were the same. Although I've not posted as extensively, I still feel I've got to know a few of you. But I'm going to show solidarity, and in any case I've suddenly realized I've got better things to do. Sorry if that offends anybody - the thoughtful ones amongst you will appreciate what I'm trying to say.

I've sung the praises of the internet to anybody who will listen for years now - then I think about all the seriously strange people out there and begin to wonder...

No thousand posts either! Love to the good ones.

Quote: Marc P @ May 5 2009, 4:45 PM BST

Don't call me a tit Zooo :) because I am honestly not sure in this case. But should it be 'your' or 'you're' here?

Haha, well, definitely not you're, but I did originally write you, and then edit it to your.

Basically, I have no idea. :)

Quote: Marc P @ May 5 2009, 4:45 PM BST

In the case of "I don't think your being a condescending tit is going to help things", 'your' is correct.

Quote: Huge Bear @ May 5 2009, 4:50 PM BST

Double standards, in other words.

To be honest, I think it sounded like that's exactly what Aaron was trying to avoid.

(Now I re-read it, Marc may be making one of his complicated trademark puns...)

To say it's tense on BSG at the moment is a bit of an understatement. Come on people, let's turn those frowns upside down.

:(! Grahammm! I'll miss you majorly, and hope you pop back sometime, especially having started the great avatar revolution. The Gav-atars should definitely be called post-Bandage era. Hug

Will miss you muchly Mr. Bandage, it's been a pleasure to know you.