I want a thread too!

And oh look...now I've got one :D

Anyway I'm dizzi, I'm 18 and another budding writer (hell, who isn't these days?) but I have been getting experience here and there (including the BSG yay :) ) so who knows?

I (obviously) love British Sitcoms, but especially especially Green Wing. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a show so much in my life! Also Still Game rocks my socks quite a lot, as does Only Fools and Horses, the IT Crowd, Coupling, Two Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps and loads more which I can't think of off of the top of my head due to extreme tiredness lol.

Anyway, um...hello! is all I was basically wanting to say in this so sorry for the longish post! Wave

Green Wing is, indeed, amazing. Never really managed to get into Still Game myself, although what I have seen is pretty good.
One of the first times I've seen someone come right out and admit to liking "Two Pints"!

I know. I did keep the Two Pints thing secret for a good while. But now I'm out and I'm proud dammit! Come on, it is a likeable show you have to admit it! Even if it's not always hiliarious!

Still Game's great, but I think the reason I enjoy it more is because I know so many people who are actually like that in real life. One of the advantages of living near Glasgow I guess :D

Ah, I'm also a bit of a Two Pints fan. I'm not going to try and claim that it's the greatest sitcom of all time, but it is bloody good, and very successful within its target audience.

There we go, at least I'm not alone :D I've not seen the earlier series, I've seen the newer one's I think. It's a complete rip off of Coupling and Friends mind you, but hey they worked and I guess that's the main thing :D

The only thing is Louise's voice goes right through you. And she seems kind of pointless sometimes lol

I hate Two Pints - you're both banned :P

LOL. Nah it's ok, it's has a place in the schedules but come on, compare it to the wit and style of Green Wing - it's not even in the same galaxy.

No, true, but then it's a completely different style and target audience than Green Wing!

Unimpressed I've never been able to get into Two Pints myself...

Still Game is the greatest thing ever. You have great taste, dizzi.

Add me to the '2 Pints' bandwagon. Comedy snobs don't like it, but I don't give a .... (Can we swear here? :))

(Sure, why not?)

:)

Can I just ask........ do any of you like, watch the usual, 'hum drum' sitcoms and think,
' I could do SO much better than that!' That is, I have to say, one of the reasons I was inspired to grab my pen and notepad and start scribbling away! The quality is so, not there these days. Anyone agreed?
Anoyone remember Timothy in, Sorry? Now THAT was funny!!!!!!

Anoyone= anyone.

N.B the word Anoyone is actually NOT a new breed of something to

be inserted within the latest Collins Ditionary. It is actually just

me, trying to type rather quickly and then remembering all the reasons

why i do NOT work as a touch-typist for a living!

Question......If Polly put the kettle on and Suky took it off again,

( this goes on a few times I believe ), did Polly ever get to have a

cup of tea? ( Perhaps you could start a new board just for queries

such as this.........

Quote: Rachael Webster @ August 23, 2006, 9:48 PM

Can I just ask........ do any of you like, watch the usual, 'hum drum' sitcoms and think,
' I could do SO much better than that!' That is, I have to say, one of the reasons I was inspired to grab my pen and notepad and start scribbling away! The quality is so, not there these days. Anyone agreed?
Anoyone remember Timothy in, Sorry? Now THAT was funny!!!!!!

Yes. Regularly!

As for Sorry!, well, read my review - https://www.comedy.co.uk/sorry/. (But yes, I totally get your point, and could not agree with you more. The sitcoms around at the moment are either that bit too tame, or too "innovative" and "cutting edge".)

(... At least, that's what I hope you meant.)

>_<

Yep I always think that I could do so much better than some of the stuff which is going about just now. It's just I have a problem when it comes to writing it, as I get distracted too easily and then as soon as I get distracted I lose my motivation and start somethin else instead. Ho hum.

And I've never heard of Sorry! so I can't comment on that lol