Where do you write? Page 4

I usually have a few distractions on too. I don't know if it helps. I'm supposed to be editing something at the minute, but...

I have to have absolute no distractions. That's why in the middle of the night is the best option. It's just a shame I'm not any good at turning the internet off for long periods of time :(

I agree with marc P, deadlines are a great way to get work done. I like to start earlyish in the morning but I lose it at around two. I find that watching something similar to your own work gets you in the mood. My writing partner can be a problem sometimes though, if I blink there will be some obscene picture on Google images. Not rude as such, sometimes just pictures of wall nuts. He just types in the most random word he can think of. Any way I digress

I write in my bedroom. I've got a desk positioned right in front of the window because it's a great view... of treetops. I can't write if the TV is on because I'm a TV addict and too easily distracted by it. Otherwise it depends on 'what' I'm writing. If it's a script I almost always have appropriately inspiring music playing. Ironically, if I'm writing entertainment articles (usually about music) I can't have any noise at all. Not even music.

On a good day I'll write in the morning, from 8am till about 1pm. After lunch I'll sometimes do another couple of hours. I confess to working much better under pressure and to deadlines. Never missed one yet. Angelic

When I write I do so in an uncomfortable chair slap bang in the middle of an empty room, with a blankie on my legs and a cup of tea on the floor. Just in case anyone wished to know. Sniff.

i had the library in my mansion converted into a writing room. It gives me a wonderful panoramic view of the lake,and rolling green countryside, and serves to remind me of how far I've come since those humbler times when I sat in a cold, windowless, basement box room hacking away.....

Quote: Fubsy @ April 11 2009, 11:17 AM BST

i had the library in my mansion converted into a writing room. It gives me a wonderful panoramic view of the lake,and rolling green countryside, and serves to remind me of how far I've come since those humbler times when I sat in a cold, windowless, basement box room hacking away.....

You just get disturbed when your pilot brings the helicopter back!

Well when I wrote the sketch where George Bush shat himself I was renting this studio from Superman in his Temple of Sollace.

It's quite cool but a 1000 mile Trek to get the Guardian.

Quote: bigfella @ April 11 2009, 11:22 AM BST

You just get disturbed when your pilot brings the helicopter back!

or when the chauffeur slams the door of the rolls

I usually write under the left armpit of Sooty unless I feel inspired, then I write under the right. If you see what I mean Huh?