Writers, Reviewers & Editors VACANCIES Page 4

Quote: Aaron @ January 28 2009, 4:33 PM GMT

zooo actually is a published writer.

I'd like to read her stuff. Where is it avaliable?

I write jokes for printing on toilet paper.

(Actually, I'm quite liking that idea!)

Quote: zooo @ January 28 2009, 4:47 PM GMT

I write jokes for printing on toilet paper.

Don't go all bashful, zooo. PM me details of where to find your stuff and I'll have a gander. :)

Quote: chipolata @ January 28 2009, 5:15 PM GMT

Don't go all bashful, zooo. PM me details of where to find your stuff and I'll have a gander. :)

Oh so you hang out in toilet rooms. Public or private?

Quote: Dr Mato @ January 28 2009, 5:21 PM GMT

Oh so you hang out in toilet rooms. Public or private?

Public's more fun. ;)

All I could find when I Googled them was more posts on other forums. They seem to have an address. Mind you, it's not really that uncommon.

I would give it a go but I don't see what I could write about. I'm more into counter culture stuff like in Nude really and fun columns. Current affairs would be hard.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ January 28 2009, 6:30 PM GMT

All I could find when I Googled them was more posts on other forums. They seem to have an address. Mind you, it's not really that uncommon.

I would give it a go but I don't see what I could write about. I'm more into counter culture stuff like in Nude really and fun columns. Current affairs would be hard.

Current affairs are fun and they are about culture stuff. ;)

Reminds me of a time I answered an Ad for writers and ended up meeting "the editor" in a London cafe. Being a writer I'm therefore rather lazy at times and couldn't be arsed writing a "submission piece" so fobbed them off with tales of a virus ridden hard drive. Oh actually maybe that impressed them?
Anyway, I turn up at the cafe and there are two other people being "interviewed" and its explained to us that the new revolutionary idea is an unpaid writing job for a new culture magazinethat's the offshoot of a popular established magazine.
Alarm bells distantly ring but before I can say anything (mainly utilising the words "unpaid" and "established magazine") "the editor" starts questioning the first guy, hilariously he replies "actually I was just sitting here by myself, you came and sat next to me, sorry" and he left.
The second guy replied with "well I'm an actor and see this as a great opportunity to make contacts to get me acting work" which didn't go down well.
I tell her I'm a writer and interested in helping the actual undiscovered talent of the world instead of the "who you know" basis commissioning seems to work on.
"The editor" liked that and said that, if I was to take the post (post?) then I'd be expected to be office based in London everyday, and making my own contacts, networking etc.

All unpaid.

I decided to take my chances elsewhere.

Oh,that's not to say the current offer on this thread isn't a good or bad thing, it might be a fantastic career making thing, from the looks of it theres not much to lose?

Pirate

If I was Paul I might at this stage be wondering why I bother...

As Griff says, writing TV reviews is fun (I occasionally do them for free on IMDb anyway), and, if anything happens with this, it is something to pad out the CV and there's a few beer vouchers in it.

Prezunctly.

We're always moaning about no opportunities, then one comes along which requires no effort at all on our part, and everyone moans about that!

Quote: zooo @ January 29 2009, 3:20 PM GMT

Prezunctly.

We're always moaning about no opportunities, then one comes along which requires no effort at all on our part, and everyone moans about that!

I only want to be a writer, so I can moan. I don't actually enjoy writing.

Quote: zooo @ January 29 2009, 3:20 PM GMT

Heh, yes, indeed, indeed. Ungrateful bastards!

I feel MF Publishing are "trawling". If you cast a big enough net, you're bound to capture a few decent fish. The bait is the possibility of career development.

Their remit doesn't seem to fit comedy writers too snugly, so perhaps they've had a poor response from other arenas in which they've put their ad.

I'd like to know their reaction if all BSGers' submissions were subject of copyright.

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ January 30 2009, 12:54 PM GMT

Their remit doesn't seem to fit comedy writers too snugly

Which perhaps is why it wasn't posted in a writers' forum.

Has anyone subitted reviews to MF and received any kind of response? There's a small link to them in the new edition of Writers News - I've got 2 reviews ready to go but, having read other forums in addition to this, I'm very dubious now.