Writers, Reviewers & Editors VACANCIES Page 3

That's all I've got. I'm comedically exhausted now

Quote: MF Publishing London @ January 28 2009, 4:19 PM GMT

"....Don't make me laugh !!" But I've just realised. You're all comedians. Allegedly. Thank you, much love, goodbye.

:D

I was a journalist for years, often writing for online media. I just haven't come across this method of employment before.

Quote: Aaron @ January 28 2009, 4:21 PM GMT

Presumably, as it's a concept website, they've got some slant on the 'reviews' idea which hasn't been done previously, and so they don't know if it'll really pick up. Would you employ professionals on a proper salary in such an untested venture, or would you look for freelancers until its worth is proven...?

I would at least use freelancers that are professionals. It would probably save me trouble in the long run.

maybe I'm just a visionary

Quote: MF Publishing London @ January 28 2009, 4:25 PM GMT

maybe I'm just a visionary

Ah, the future is a world without full stops. :D Only joking...

One of the key, exciting, motivating factors was to give a chance to many new writers and undiscovered talent rather than letting the usual suspects get all the jobs, as they do throughout showbiz

maybe my visionary exploits have only just begun and that is why there is no full stop

Quote: MF Publishing London @ January 28 2009, 4:27 PM GMT

One of the key, exciting, motivating factors was to give a chance to many new writers and undiscovered talent rather than letting the usual suspects get all the jobs, as they do throughout showbiz

Really, or because they're a lot cheaper?
:)

Be honest now...

Quote: zooo @ January 28 2009, 4:13 PM GMT

It's not so bad! (Especially for the unpublishable).

Don't do yourself down, zooo.

No, I meant what I said genuinely, I never had my big break yet, so I know how it feels to be in that position

So it's a kind of charitable project. What do you think it could lead to for new writers?

Quote: MF Publishing London @ January 28 2009, 4:19 PM GMT

I just thought of a really good gag. I should have commenced my defence of these outrageous libellous remarks by saying ;

"....Don't make me laugh !!" But I've just realised. You're all comedians. Allegedly. Thank you, much love, goodbye.

:D

Nowt libellous above mate :D merely comparision between your messages and some real scams.

And I've seen some real beauties of those. I very nearly fell for a penny shares scam by a 'reputable' stockbrokers in Geneva in a posh address there who gave evidence of a great website and membership of an international federation of stockbrokers. All looked really really kosher.

Then I checked the route by which his emails came.. (via China!!!) and I Googled some typical phrases from both websites & found they were ripped off modified copies of the websites of real stockbrokers and a USA federation of stockbrokers. The whole thing would have made a good plot for "Hustle".

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 28 2009, 4:31 PM GMT

So it's a kind of charitable project. What do you think it could lead to for new writers?

You're like a dog with a bone, aren't you, Dolly?

Quote: chipolata @ January 28 2009, 4:32 PM GMT

You're like a dog with a bone, aren't you, Dolly?

Like I said, I was a journalist.

Quote: chipolata @ January 28 2009, 4:29 PM GMT

Don't do yourself down, zooo.

zooo actually is a published writer.

boys, it's been emotional, I'm off to tidy my desk, write away and hope to work with you one day, subject to the quality of your writing, obviously ;-)