Writers, Reviewers & Editors VACANCIES Page 2

MF Publishing is now online and presumably reading this. Any more details, please?

Quote: Badge @ January 28 2009, 3:13 PM GMT

It seems a bit odd for a first posting to be an "UPDATE".

Google [MF Publishing] and you will find that it has appeared on a number of writers forums already and this is the second notice, i.e an update. Evidently they only just found out about this forum.

I'm not saying it is a scam, just that the lack of information about the company is peculiar. They may have good commercial reasons for doing it, and/or lousy legal advice.

>© MF Publishing 2009
is either wrong (it should be the full company name) or they have not yet registered a company name and not done any research because "MF Publishing LIMITED" is already taken.

As to what you could lose, well the classic 419 scams don't ask for anything at first, that comes later.

=========

Quote: Griff @ January 28 2009, 3:43 PM GMT

I'll quit.

Don't tease us like that. :)

Quote: chipolata @ January 28 2009, 3:44 PM GMT

Don't tease us like that. :)

You're the one with the avatars.

The money isn't very good, hence the request for new writers.

Hello folks,

I've enjoyed some of the amusing writing from you guys. Made me laugh (and sweat) Looks like it will be worth posting on here and there's lots of writing talent herewith. OK, firstly my apologies if I offended anyone with my previous, hasty comments on our earlier postings elsewhere. That was my passion and belief in this exciting new website talking. I've since amended the wording, and as a writer myself, it would be a bit dumb to offend writers, at least intentionally. Unless they say nasty things about me on forums of course.

Right, who are we? Are we professional scammers from a grim, impoverished country. No darling, we're a group of young, talented but hungry British writers looking to succeed in our profession. Yes, this is our first venture into the exciting world of online publishing, but would the public have been justified back in the late 60s early 70s to say ; "Richard Branson? Virgin? never heard of them, I wouldn't have anything to do with them!" No I say. Even though rumour has it his first 'office' may have been a telephone kiosk.

As for why there isn't too much info mentioned about the new site yet, had you never thought this might be a very original idea and concept for a website and WE, the creators of it might get scammed by some thieves who want to steal the idea? Ah hah.

So I hope you'll all just relax, stop being just a tad neurotic and cynical, understand this is all going to earn you writers money, further your careers, and so please send in those stunning examples of your writing genius. Happy new year to you all.

Best regards, Paul, Editor-in-Chief ©2009

I don't like it. It's too bad to be true.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 28 2009, 4:08 PM GMT

The money isn't very good, hence the request for new writers.

It's not so bad! (Especially for the non published).

Hello Paul

I was just wondering why you're not doing the writing yourselves? Maybe you're planning on having a huge databsae of reviews? Why not employ a core team of professional writers on a salary?

Quote: MF Publishing London @ January 28 2009, 4:11 PM GMT

Hello folks,

As for why there isn't too much info mentioned about the new site yet, had you never thought this might be a very original idea and concept for a website and WE, the creators of it might get scammed by some thieves who want to steal the idea? Ah hah.

Being in a similar situation with a great Website idea,that's why I said:
"They may have good commercial reasons for doing it".

I just thought of a really good gag. I should have commenced my defence of these outrageous libellous remarks by saying ;

"....Don't make me laugh !!" But I've just realised. You're all comedians. Allegedly. Thank you, much love, goodbye.

:D

So are you going to tell us your really good gag or just leave us guessing?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 28 2009, 4:14 PM GMT

Hello Paul

I was just wondering why you're not doing the writing yourselves? Maybe you're planning on having a huge databsae of reviews? Why not employ a core team of professional writers on a salary?

Presumably, as it's a concept website, they've got some slant on the 'reviews' idea which hasn't been done previously, and so they don't know if it'll really pick up. Would you employ professionals on a proper salary in such an untested venture, or would you look for freelancers until its worth is proven...?

Quote: Afinkawan @ January 28 2009, 4:21 PM GMT

So are you going to tell us your really good gag or just leave us guessing?

:D

Regardless of what's been said, this Paul (like many pauls) seems to be a rather enthusiastic chap and I will be submitting some stuff (when I get the time).

More power to you my friend :)