Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 47

But most of NGO is contrived, I don't see that as a problem because that is the type of show it is, the full thing is basically set up for Lee and Tim to deliver quick gags.

I bloody love it! I bought series one with my hard earned cash, I didn't even download it! Some things are worth money. I even watched the commentary (although this was a mistake on a very drunken friends behalf who I was trying to introduce to NGO.) I don't care if it's a little contrived (except for the 'April fool' bit tbh) and I think it is a warm comedy. I can snuggle down on my sofa on a Friday night after work and just laugh. No serious crap, just laughs.

And Lee so is incredibly gorgeous, his sense of humour makes him even more so! :$

Last time Tim Vine wore Bermuda shorts his underpants vanished!

Even though you've deleted your post Badge, almost everything's at the convenience of gags. And that's not a bad thing. :)

Quote: Aaron @ March 6 2009, 12:24 AM GMT

Even though you've deleted your post Badge, almost everything's at the convenience of gags. And that's not a bad thing. :)

Well... it's inconsistent IMO, that's all. Gags are great, but consistency of characters is what makes sitcoms. But I like the show a lot so I deleted my little churlish question.

FWIW, perhaps so, but one must remember that a lot of these things that are picked up on here - including your point on the consistency etc - only actually occur to writers or other 'industry types', and not to the average viewer. I know I've not been aware of it. Perhaps that labels me a pleb, perhaps I'm just a viewer. No idea. Anyway, I think I'm losing track now...

Quote: Aaron @ March 6 2009, 12:37 AM GMT

Anyway, I think I'm losing track now...

Me too, and as I've deleted what we are both talking about I think I'll move on. Great thread though.

Quote: Princess Pancake @ March 5 2009, 11:03 PM GMT

And Lee so is incredibly gorgeous, his sense of humour makes him even more so! :$

Well it's lovely of you to say so my dear. Perhaps I could take you out sometime and show you my...

Shit, you meant Lee Mack didn't you. Teary

What a nightmare it's now proving to be to catch NGO in its original Friday night transmission slot.

As of last week it's:

BBC One 9:30pm - 10:00pm, NGO

ITV1 9:00pm - 9:30pm, Moving Wallpaper

CH4 10:00pm - 10:30pm, Free Agents

Five USA (Freeview) 9:00pm - 10pm, 30 Rock.

Maybe it's easier for those with fancy equipment, and are off out for the night. I can't - unearthly early Sat morning work rise for me (4:30am), but the only way I can manage to see it all on the same night is to record NGO AND Moving Wallpaper, for viewing later when it's all over, and watch 30 Rock and Free Agents live - otherwise it's messing about with catching repeats, iPlayer and 4OD etc, etc.

*cringe* awww.

Brilliant episode! All the elements seemed to be working perfectly together this week. Loved it!

An ok episode but I only laughed out loud three times, still the best sitcom going however.

I think they're missing a boyfriend for lucy in this series, I found that it added to the dramatic tension last series while still being funny.

That said I'm drunk on red wine and off my head on pain killers because of chronic tooth ache so what do I know?

Off to watch Frank Skinner.

A better episode than last week's. A really good start, kind of dropped in the middle, and then picked up at the end. But I laughed out quite a few times. Barbara and Tim's ditzy girlfriend were good.

The bit with Lee giving Lucy the dress was quite sweet too.

Thought that this episode was pretty mediocre really. Mainly perhaps due to the fact that it was based around Lucy and featured relatively little of Tim. In my opinion, the actress who plays her is the worst thing about the show sadly.

And who says there's no emotional content in NGO? :P
A few more of those 'dress' moments wouldn't go amiss next series. ;) Not slushy, but subtly moving.