How scary?

This is the most terrifying thing I've ever seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA8lyvarnRc

They are clever.

He was wearing a parachute, right? Makes it a little less scary.

They are silly buggers.

I expect their mums have killed them by now, for being such silly buggers.

I had to turn it off. I was getting vertigo just watching it! Just seeing things like that on TV scare the shit out of me and make me panic :/ I'm generally alright with heights but I just can't watch stuff like that.

Mentals.

Absolutely mad. Could so easily have become a snuff movie.

Whenever I see footage of precarious feats at height, I always consider the position and nerve of the cameraman.

My hands were clammy, I was getting panic waves watching that! Horrible!

You know how it is when you've had a couple of beers and you find yourself up a crane. Boys will be boys!

I thought for a second that one of them had a guitar and that it was going to turn out to be an elaborate music video. Now I think about it, anything less than playing drums at the top of a crane is for pussies.

Sort of thing I do most days.

When I was younger there was some building going on at the back of my flat. I had a party and insisted on drunkenly climbing it and dangling upside down from the fifth floor. A month later the scaffold was still there and one of the builders leant out too far putting the final touches on some paint work. He fell four floors and landed in my back garden. I called an ambulance for him but he was gone by the time they arrived.

Anyway, enjoy your day.

Oh David, that's so sad.

Quote: David Bussell @ February 25 2009, 10:19 AM GMT

When I was younger there was some building going on at the back of my flat. I had a party and insisted on drunkenly climbing it and dangling upside down from the fifth floor. A month later the scaffold was still there and one of the builders leant out too far putting the final touches on some paint work. He fell four floors and landed in my back garden. I called an ambulance for him but he was gone by the time they arrived.

Anyway, enjoy your day.

By "gone" do you mean he got up and walked away or he snuffed it?

Part of my school building was a Georgian house and I used to 'encourage' this girl (the type of person who would do anything you told them to for a laugh) to climb along a ledge on the outside of the building from one window to another, on the fourth floor. She was quite happy to do it in return for the nickname of 'human fly' I gave her.

I'm not great with heights but used to jump on strange horses I'd find in fields and get them to jump with no saddle or bridle. Wish I had filmed that.

Quote: Feather @ February 25 2009, 10:31 AM GMT

By "gone" do you mean he got up and walked away or he snuffed it?

Quite dead.