118 118 Need Jokes Page 37

Quote: sootyj @ February 13 2009, 4:17 PM GMT

Any ideas where else one could sell their jokes? I can't be the only writer here with a hard disc gravid with zippy one liners.

Maybe we could bundle all ours together as a project?

N.B. just found a website looking for jokes and offering $50 per 1000!

Yes, I agree, I have a big backlog of them. It would be really good to find somewhere else to submit them to. Don't suppose you've found anywhere yet?

No and I suspect the gag writing job market is currently flooded with us types.

Any nooze? I'm not holding my breath, but I still want a looky.

Have you tried cracker companies?
Or is it too early yet?

Quote: Mikey J @ February 23 2009, 7:09 PM GMT

Have you tried cracker companies?
Or is it too early yet?

It's not that early... [url=http://www.jacobs.co.uk]this cracker company [/url]seems to be making them... and they have a contact page...

Whistling nnocently

Edit: well that gives that away. What is it with forums and their insistence on unique ways to do links? Html is fine, proven and effective - I don't want to learn a hundred different dialects of web code to add a stupid link because one geek thought square brackets were more exciting then angle brackets and has an inconsistent love of speech marks. Why reinvent the wheel into a square, triangle and dodecahedron when these obscured wheels are converted back to the original anyway? Stop messing with my mind!

:D

I saw Hennel's post pre-edit and originally thought it was meant to be a really clever joke designed to go straight over the head of a layman such as meself :$

Should have left it that way, to be fair

Anyway, 118: do they actually pay you for the jokes sold or just take the funnies and run, because the words blood and stone are connecting in some implicit fashion.

The service is over, well at least our part is anyway.

Yes, they do pay.

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 24 2009, 12:38 AM GMT
:D

Yeah, very funny. I worked it out now. It's just 'link' not url or anything I would think of using. Why isn't this written up somewhere?

And yeah, they do pay but they can be a little slow. I only discover in Jan that I'd sold one in November...

Wooo Hoooh.
:D :D :D :D

I just got an e mail telling me I sold a joke.
I thought I'd left it too late as I only sent a few over at the last minute.

I'm well chuffed, my first ever payment for comedy (and I use the term loosely) .

I don't know which one it was though, does anyone have a list of jokes used between 16 & 20th Feb.

Well done.

Did the get the last list?

If anyone did get the list from 16-20th Feb could they PM me please.
Cheers

:)

One liners aren't my forte, but here's one I am oddly proud of -

What do you get if you cross a chocolate biscuit with a prehistoric bird?

An Archaeoptwix!

If anyone did get the list from 16-20th Feb could they PM me please.
Cheers

I think that was he week that they changed back to just supplying tallies with "number of jokes sold" only. I don't know which ones of mine sold for that week either.

Would one of you be so kind as to sent me the list / tell me which joke I had between the 12th - 16th January please? It appears I may have sold one after all, just wanted to check.

Thanks