Disney Films?

A guilty pleasure of mine.

I used to hate them as a teenager, apart from the odd one of course, always more impressed with Warner Brothers because they were cooler. But then I stopped caring about being cool Pleased and realised the magic (yes, magic) that goes into those movies. Never mind how evil Disney is/has become, it's still a major part of most people's childhood.

The best one, in my opinion has to be the original; Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs.

But my favourite, I have no idea why it is or why I watch it over n over again? Has to be The Lion King. And I play the song, "I just can't wait to be King." way too much :$

Then there's the new generation of 3D/CGI films. I do love Toy Story, although I was about 8 years old when it was released and still admire it now. Occasionally the odd decent one pops up but, being older I have no connection with these (and rightly so). Before the swap from cell animation to CGI, Disney experimented with mixing the two together, which worked well, in my opinion.

Thoughts? Pleased

Disney corrupt me.

(I spent ages watcing all the YouTube videos that point out the subliminal messages in disney films. :P )

Some of the new CGI ones are very good, but it would have to be the Jungle Book for me every time.

I was obsessed with Jungle Book, when I was little. I even collected the stickers that were out back then. I remember, every morning, me, my sister, and my best mate would go over to our local newsagents to buy a couple of packets of stickers, then we'd sit down in the middle of the big grass-covered round-a-bout, that was opposite the shop, and open them. I think I've still got the sticker album somewhere.

I love the old animated Disney films. Bambi, Snow White, Cinderella - so many happy memories, although I did cry at Bambi. I am not sure if these were Disney films or not, but other memories of films from my childhood include Swiss Family Robinson and Old Yeller. Anyone else remember them?

Lion King - Loved it - must get it on DVD special addition...

I think The Lion King looks horrible. I don't like the colourisation and style.

The Jungle Book probably had the best songs.

I was never fan of the Disney animations because I never saw any. Pre video they were never shown on TV - only clips on Screen Test and depressing Bank Holiday Monday compliation programmes - and I was never taken to the cinema.

Quote: Loopey @ February 15 2009, 12:41 PM GMT

I love the old animated Disney films. Bambi, Snow White, Cinderella - so many happy memories, although I did cry at Bambi. I am not sure if these were Disney films or not, but other memories of films from my childhood include Swiss Family Robinson and Old Yeller. Anyone else remember them?

Dumbo was the one that made me cry, when I was a kid. Another one that had a big effect on me was Pinnochio. The whole thing about him wanting to be a real boy seemed to really upset me when I was a kid.

Quote: Mana @ February 14 2009, 10:54 PM GMT

Disney corrupt me.

(I spent ages watcing all the YouTube videos that point out the subliminal messages in disney films. :P )

You sure that's not just the video makers scavenging for meanings rather than any REAL ones?

Quote: Loopey @ February 15 2009, 12:41 PM GMT

Yes, those two are Disney films.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 15 2009, 1:28 PM GMT

I think The Lion King looks horrible. I don't like the colourisation and style.

Wow. We agree on something.

My favourite Disney films are, in no particular order, Mary Poppins, One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing, and Blackbeard's Ghost. OOh, and Bedknobs And Broomsticks. Honourable mentions to the (original) Herbie films.

Alas, they've gone downhill since they moved away from proper cel animation.

Oh, I forgot about live action >_<

Quote: Aaron @ February 15 2009, 2:36 PM GMT

My favourite Disney films are, in no particular order, Mary Poppins, One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing, and Blackbeard's Ghost. OOh, and Bedknobs And Broomsticks

The football match in Bedknobs and Broomsticks is one of Disney's greatest moments.

Agreed! :)

My favourite Disney films are, in no particular order, Mary Poppins, One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing, and Blackbeard's Ghost. OOh, and Bedknobs And Broomsticks. Honourable mentions to the (original) Herbie films.

Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks just arrived in yesterday's mail. Wave

Quote: DaButt @ February 15 2009, 3:08 PM GMT

Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks just arrived in yesterday's mail. Wave

Bloody hell you have a slow mail service. Pleased

One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing, and Blackbeard's Ghost.

Blimey, I bought both of these to watch over Christmas but they keep slipping down my to watch list. Lion King is also up there as one of my favourites. And you can't forget Cool Runnings!