Play the Lottery

I hate that phrase. You don't PLAY the lottery. You buy a ticket and hope for the best. There's no "playing" involved.

I DO play the lottery.

You're PLAYING a betting game.

It's not a game - it's a gam(bl)e.

The game's in your head... when your dreaming about how to spend the money... is it a boat... is it a car... is it the £200.000 i stole from the pension fund

It's a GAME, when I play poker, I'm playing a card game with gambling, when I PLAY the lottery I'm PLAYING a guessing GAME with numbers.

i used to play it but then realised i never won anything lol so i stopped

That's a good point David! Playing should be fun.

I've always thought that the lottery is a bit rubbish because of the odds. If I was in charge of Camalot I'd reduce the jackpot and distribute the prize money more evenly. I'd be much more inclined to enter if you got £50 for three matching numbers rather than the current £10.

Advertising Plug: EuroMillions is up to £36m. If you're planning on 'playing' it online, or the normal lottery for that matter please go via this link - we get some cash to help fund the server that way you see.

In my opinion betting on sports is the way forward - watching sports rather than little balls in a tub is much more fun IMHO. Then again the less said about my betting on the British GP the better!

Another Plug: BSG visitors, if you sign up to Coral via our website - (www.comedy.co.uk/coral) they'll give you a £10 free bet :D

"The National Lottery is just a tax on the stupid and the poor."

Discuss.

(I can't remember who said that. Might be paraphrasing a little.)

I've heard that too.

Generally I win a couple of quid a week. I have the same numbers and DON'T buy a ticket so when they don't come up I'm a winner.

I never play. I'm too stingey, imagine all the goods you can buy with a pound...

Quote: Leevil @ July 11, 2007, 9:33 PM

I never play. I'm too stingey, imagine all the goods you can buy with a pound...

Ditto here.

You pay a minimum of £1 a week, on the hope you win millions. Well worth a go I say.

I dont play every week.
Not that I cant afford the £1. More that I dont have time to go and play/gamble it.

The lottery is no different than someone you know asking you to invest your life savings. (£1 - £1000000).
You do it for a better standard of living than you have already.

Fair fooking play.
x

Like a scratch card :P at least it gives you something to do, if you don't win you can spend your time scratching it clean.

Next question is;

You see a 1p on the floor. Do you pick it up?

Quote: Aaron @ July 11, 2007, 10:10 PM

Next question is;

You see a 1p on the floor. Do you pick it up?

Yep - I saw a nice shiny 1p on Monday, 2p on Tuesday and another 1p today. I've now got 4p.