Video Games. Page 3

I hear ya. I had my PS2 linked up to surround system. Grandad wasn't impressed. :$

i prefered mario kart 64. red faction is wicked cos you can blow up anything well i think they changed that but in the earlier copies you can.

Yeah the gaming engine in Red Faction was great, I got a feeling it inspired the Hal Life 2 engine which most good (FPS) games use now.

Quote: Mark Haslam @ July 10, 2007, 4:00 PM

Timesplitters 2 was probably best shooter for PS2.

Oh I'd forgotten about Timesplitters - that was quite a good game actually wasn't it. Very user friendly.

p.s. Welcome to the site Mark. Great to have your view point on here.

Quote: ajp29 @ July 10, 2007, 6:11 PM

Yeah the gaming engine in Red Faction was great, I got a feeling it inspired the Hal Life 2 engine which most good (FPS) games use now.

Hmmm... the 'GeoMod' engine in Red Faction is what you're referring to there, I think. It meant you could choose alternate routes by blowing big holes in walls and so on. It wasn't bad... but not really useable enough in the campaign section of the game.

The GeoMod engine really separated it from other FPS's, but then they got rid of it in Red Faction 2, which meant it was pretty generic. The last time I played those were about 2 years ago, maybe more.

My mate and I cracked on Red Faction a week or 2 ago for a bit of a shoot em up after playing unreal tornement.

Any CSSers or COD2ers here? I'll add you to my xfire. (Non-gamers ignore this post)

An ex-work colleague left recently to play computer games professionally! They have a team and play around the world.

This seems unbelievable to me that anyone would pay to watch somebody else play a computer game!

I suppose it's the way things develop - people watch sport so it is maybe a development of people wanting to watch "the best". But really - does anyone here watch them?

Quote: David Chapman @ July 11, 2007, 7:15 AM

An ex-work colleague left recently to play computer games professionally! They have a team and play around the world.

This seems unbelievable to me that anyone would pay to watch somebody else play a computer game!

I suppose it's the way things develop - people watch sport so it is maybe a development of people wanting to watch "the best". But really - does anyone here watch them?

As with sports, I prefer to play 'em. I do remember the days before consoles though... the only way to get a video game fix was to hit the arcades. The ones along the front in Gt. Yarmouth had some of the best machines and a crowd gathered around a player that was doing particularly well was a regular sight.

But their like stars especially in the East and have groupies and everything! Unbelievable!!!

Not that I'm envious or anything.......

i love the resident evil games, number 2 is my favourite but number 4 is awesome too. Tomb raider 1 and 2 as well, although i haven't really played games for a while now, i never have the money :(

To answer the original thread the best games for PS2 are: -

Metal Gear Solid 3
Gran Turismo 4
Guitar Hero with controller
Resident Evil 4
GTA San Andreas
Tekken 5
God of War

P.S. This site is amazing

:) Big thanks to the creators.

Yeah, I quite liked the original Metal Gear Solid, so MGS3 is something I might go for, thanks for reminding me about that game.

It's on Play.com for a few quid, might as well pick it up.

Quote: Leevil @ July 11, 2007, 2:10 PM

Yeah, I quite liked the original Metal Gear Solid, so MGS3 is something I might go for, thanks for reminding me about that game.

It's on Play.com for a few quid, might as well pick it up.

Be warned, it's not for the casual gamer...