Recorded For Training Purposes (Series 3) Page 29

Any chance of anyone bootlegging the 5th and 13th recordings? (For study purposes only of course.)

But might you be willing to re-enact the show through mime for the benefit of those unable to attend?

That's er... a no then?

Yes, I got this infamous email too.

I got the impression that Ed will give us feedback and then ask for rewrites.

I never got an email... but could that mean that my stuff doesn't need a rewrite...?
...and that they still haven't sorted through all the sketches yet... ?

(delusional as ever!)

So is anyone going to say how the meeting went or what?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 17 2008, 11:42 AM GMT

I think that I might write/develop some sort of sci-fi comedy for BBC 7. This is mainly because of the freedom of ideas, and that BBC 7 has sections for both comedy (The Comedy Club) and sci-fi (7th Dimension), and the two can cross over.

There's a been a few new sci-fi comedy crossovers on the station in the last few years. A couple of them were quite good actually.

I got an email two days ago saying they will be getting in touch with me between now and New Years. They said they can't confirm if my sketches have been picked up or not, but they just said they'd contact me.

EDIT: hahaha!! Didn't quite read the email properly til just now. Looks like my writings COULD be on the 5th or 13th recordings! Excitement levels are high!

Sounds exciting. Congratulations on your success Griff. Looking forward to hearing some of your stuff!

Anybody planning to pop down to London for the recording in the first week in January? I got me a ticket!

Congratulations Griff, further introduced to the dark inner workings of fortress BBC.

Quote: Griff @ December 20 2008, 11:05 AM GMT

Oh and meant to say, it was nice to meet Badge of this parish at the meeting too.

Likewise you Griff, and "The Producer".

The meeting was great - all the production team were really encouraging. And further to what Griff said, 'Tilt' is coming back for 20 weeks (though it won't be called Tilt any more) so keep your eyes peeled for announcements on BBC Writersroom.

What came across was that the pendulum has swung back a bit to having open door opportunities for new writers, so hopefully that will continue.

The other thing I found out was that Alexander Armstrong is known as "Xandra".

Well done Griff and everyone and thanks for the summary of the meeting.

Sorry, I might have missed this earlier, but what was the basis for being invited to this meeting?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 20 2008, 11:55 AM GMT

Sorry, I might have missed this earlier, but what was the basis for being invited to this meeting?

They liked the stuff we sent in, and want to encourage us. I think everyone there is having at least something in one of the recordings.

Thanks Badge.

Well done Griff, Badge and The Producer.

Hopefully this is the BBC being a little more encouraging to new writers. A 20-week run of 'The Show Formerly Known As Tilt' sounds like they're trying it as a new Weekending which gave a break and experience to a lot of the current crop of comedy writers doing the rounds.

Cheers for the updates too, boys.

Dan