Coogan Live Page 4

Did he do Saxondale? If so, what was he talking about?

Yes he did Saxondale, nothing stood out.

Sorry about my previous post Aaron, but your edit messed up my meaning.

Don't think I changed anything other than a few capitalisations. But ok. :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 8 2008, 2:02 AM GMT

Don't think I changed anything other than a few capitalisations. But ok. :)

What's the deal with the constant editing? Has it become an addiction? ;)

Well I could just start banning people, if you'd prefer?

Coogan's going to be talking about his show on BBC London News in a few minutes.

For those not in the region, it should be on iPlayer later tonight.

Nothing of particular interest. Attempting to justify his poor shows on having been in America and not had a chance to rehearse, on equipment failure, not having screens, and other such rubbish.

A mate of mine actually took the time to complain (and to pursue the complaint) with Blackburn's King George's Hall. Against their policy, but as a gesture of goodwill, he received a £20 voucher today.

According to their manager, Coogan's 'team' instructed the venue to:

1) Stop serving alcohol 5 minutes before the end of the interval (which caused major problems in a packed bar).
2) Not let people back into the auditorium once the second half had started until an appropriate break in the show (which caused major problems).
3) Turn the venue heating up (which was ridiculously high and seemed to be problematic for everyone in the audience).

My mate's correspondence has also been forwarded to Coogan's 'team'. It will be interesting to see if they bother responding...

Veerrrry interesting. Sounds like a complete and utter shambles on every level.

Gosh - they'd better not piss me off when I go to see him!

Quote: Aaron @ November 11 2008, 9:43 PM GMT

Veerrrry interesting. Sounds like a complete and utter shambles on every level.

It has from what I've read.

I think this tour has damaged Coogan's reputation in comedy somewhat.

I wish I'd chosen tickets to something else now. My boyfriend is such a fan I don't want him to be disappointed.

A friend of mine went this week; she said it was brilliant!

Oh well that's one positive comment! :)

Quote: EllieJP @ November 12 2008, 9:50 AM GMT

Oh well that's one positive comment! :)

One good versus a billion bad though. Hm. I can't believe it's as bad as the press are making out; there's just no way.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 12 2008, 9:58 AM GMT

One good versus a billion bad though. Hm. I can't believe it's as bad as the press are making out; there's just no way.

It probably isn't as bad as the press suggest. But it makes for a more fun story to emphasise the negative. For us too!