Status report Page 10

You do not want to see what I'm typing up currently then.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 14 2008, 1:32 PM BST

Matthew also doesn't like the way Aarons picture is looking at him. He looks like a toff from Dickensian times, about to beat me with his cane for being a vulgar upstart.

Laughing out loud That's what it looks like.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 14 2008, 2:10 PM BST

You do not want to see what I'm typing up currently then.

Yes, yes I do.

Haha! Where's the very, very bad snippet...?

"Their deadly sin is undoubtedly sexual ‘lust', with the Lucy's literal "petit mort" imagery during her "true [death]", as she "shook and quivered and twisted in wild contortions"; and the Marquise's despair while waiting for "[her] husband to bed [her]". Showalter aptly states of Lucy's second death that "by utilizing almost Freudian imagery they slay her with an "impressive phallic instrument"". She is undoubtedly punished for her deeply rooted sexuality with an obvious recognition of it. "

"with the Lucy's"...?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 14 2008, 2:12 PM BST

Haha! Where's the very, very bad snippet...?

"Their deadly sin is undoubtedly sexual ‘lust', with the Lucy's literal "petit mort" imagery of during her "true [death]", as she "shook and quivered and twisted in wild contortions"; and the Marquise's despair while waiting for "[her] husband to bed [her]". Showalter aptly states of Lucy's second death that "by utilizing almost Freudian imagery they slay her with an "impressive phallic instrument"". She is undoubtedly punished for her deeply rooted sexuality with an obvious recognition of it. "

*Larges words don't compute*

I haven't had the internet for a while is your coursework an erotic novel?

If so can I have a copy? *Does a joking chuckle that's not really joking*

That made no f**king sense at all to me. I do declare that you are a genius.

I'm probably especially retarded as well, but you're a genius.

I'm not a genius! It makes sense if you replace "petit mort" with "orgasm." :$ Ohh! And thanks for noticing the typo - that's one less word!

Quote: Paul W @ October 14 2008, 2:16 PM BST

*Larges words don't compute*

I haven't had the internet for a while is your coursework an erotic novel?

If so can I have a copy?

It's "Dracula", which is apparently *very* erotic, and "The Bloody Chamber" which definitely is!

(And no, Elliot, I'm not editing before you've read it for me...Much...)

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 14 2008, 2:18 PM BST

It's "Dracula", which is apparently *very* erotic, and "The Bloody Chamber" which definitely is!

"The Bloody Chamber" doesn't sound as hot as it could be...

Quote: Paul W @ October 14 2008, 2:20 PM BST

"The Bloody Chamber" doesn't sound as hot as it could be...

It's horribly sordid and awful. I was trying to use the quote about "her c**t like a split fig", but I just can't bring myself to adapt my whole essay, just for that.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 14 2008, 2:20 PM BST

I'm not a genius! It makes sense if you replace "petit mort" with "orgasm." :$

So it does! Wow.

I think orgasm would be a much better word in its place.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 14 2008, 2:22 PM BST

It's horribly sordid and awful. I was trying to use the quote about "her c**t like a split fig", but I just can't bring myself to adapt my whole essay, just for that.

*Faints again*

Just give your teacher a DVD of a 20 minute cut down version of the book and he'll be happy.

Quote: Aaron @ October 14 2008, 1:21 PM BST

ROBYN SAID A RUDE WORD! :O

What's this PALS thing?

Patient advice and liason service.

Basically if you are having issues with the NHS or need information, they are there to help. In my case, mine is there to kick some arses into touch.

Quote: Aaron @ October 14 2008, 2:26 PM BST

So it does! Wow.

I think orgasm would be a much better word in its place.

But then it doesn't have the pun with "a little death", because her death is orgasmic...

I'll kill you with my tongue then.

Booyeah.

:D Robyn still feels ill, but her coursework is finished because she just had someone give her amazingly convenient information about the word count!