Good News Thread

With all the depressing news around at the moment I thought I would start a thread where we can only present good news, positivity, love and understanding and lots of smiley faces. After all, there's precious little else to laugh at on this site. ;)

I want to see how long this can go on before it descends into a virtual fist-fight.

My bit of good news is...

A colleague has gone out a bought the milk for coffee which means I don't have to.

[Hey, I didn't say it had to be BIG news, just GOOD news]

My bit of good news is...

The book I ordered from Amazon, Writing Television Sitcoms by Evan S Smith, was delivered to me yesterday.

Def.

My haemorrhoids have shrunk without needing surgery

Today's my last day in my shitty job.

Quote: Griff @ September 30 2008, 10:24 AM BST

Today's my last day in my shitty job.

Now THAT is good news!

Unfortunately I'm not embarking on a life of writing/leisure, it means I have to go out and find another one, but nevertheless I'm very glad to see the back of this place.

Good luck, Griff. Remember, as one door closes another opens, and opens onto something good, hopefully.

Like the mirrored door maze challenge from The Crystal Maze :)

Cheers bad dog. I've long ago given up taking any interest in the world of work, it's just somewhere you have to go to pay the mortgage... even so, some places are still better than others.

I saved a bee from being stamped on by a chav this morning. The chav wasn't happy at having his stamping fun curtailed.

Quote: chipolata @ September 30 2008, 10:51 AM BST

I saved a bee from being stamped on by a chav this morning. The chav wasn't happy at having his stamping fun curtailed.

Don't be modest chipolata, then you stamped on the chav too! O happy day!

Well done chipolata. People are mean to bees. We've got a bumblebee nest in our garden at the moment and everyone I tell wants us to destroy it.

Where do you stand on wasps?

Quote: Graham Bandage @ September 30 2008, 11:05 AM BST

Where do you stand on wasps?

He doesn't. If you stand on them, he'll stand on you.

I'll roll 'em across the face of goal, you just tap 'em in.