A 'posting' Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ September 10 2008, 8:03 PM BST

That means "sticking a thing up your pooper and looking at your pancreas", right?

Actually, they stick it down your mouth, which having seen it performed, is actually probably the more unpleasant route.

Quote: zooo @ September 10 2008, 8:04 PM BST

Yikes.

I'm doing that! Nobody nick it! It's mine!

You can have it for free, zooo.

:)

Posties.

This is my sitcom idea I've been working on since last November. :)

And as you can imagine being a postie for some years now and writing about what I know all proves to be a big bonus! :$

Hopefully be posting some snippits for feedback later on this year. ;)

Quote: random @ September 11 2008, 8:23 PM BST

Hopefully be posting some snippits for feedback later on this year. ;)

Yeah, yeah, course you will. Won't get lost in the mail, will they? :)

lol

Whistling nnocently

Rolling eyes

:P

I would think such a thing would either have to be set in a large sorting office or feature the life of an individual postie in a small village somewhere - you know, the kind that scarcely exists any more!

Mine's set in a small town.

A sorting office which has about 80 posties (obviously all not seen or heard).

4 main characters plus another 4 extended (at the mo').

The replacement postie who was round our street today should be signed up immediately as a main character.

Dropping his bag, delivering to the wrong addresses, falling off his bike...

Sounds like it'll involve a touch of Basil Fawlty slapstick...

lol, the above raised a smile :)

got a wee snippit here (very wee infact) if you fancy a look

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/9283#P265326

Quote: Jolanta Zofia Nowak @ September 16 2008, 7:29 PM BST

The replacement postie who was round our street today should be signed up immediately as a main character.

Dropping his bag, delivering to the wrong addresses, falling off his bike...

Yet if you put all that in a script and sent it to the BBC or a prodco they'd reject it on the grounds that it was hackneyed and all very nineteen-seventies.

Even tho' its every day life with some posties.

Not me............ obviously Cool

Quote: chipolata @ September 17 2008, 1:40 PM BST

Yet if you put all that in a script and sent it to the BBC or a prodco they'd reject it on the grounds that it was hackneyed and all very nineteen-seventies.

Correct - and to be fair to the Beeb and other broadcasters it is certainly well up to Michael Crawford standards.

However, it does strike me that some things are pretty timeless. Slapstick is something which is never going to go away, despite the brave attempts of recent 'sitcoms' to blacken its name forever.

Quote: Jolanta Zofia Nowak @ September 17 2008, 1:54 PM BST

However, it does strike me that some things are pretty timeless. Slapstick is something which is never going to go away, despite the brave attempts of recent 'sitcoms' to blacken its name forever.

I don't think it's been tried that often in recent years. There was the Lee Evans thing. Mr Bean. I can't think of any other crecent examples. It's certainly not tried very often yet, ironically, if they created a quality show that featured slapstick it would have a big market overseas.

Quote: chipolata @ September 17 2008, 2:24 PM BST

There was the Lee Evans thing.

Lee Evans - So What Now?

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/96258/Lee-Evans-So-What-Now-Series-1/Product.html]

More slapstick and farce on TV please, Mr Commissioners.