Doctor Who... Page 207

I am a big fan of Doctor Who, especially of the Seventh Doctor and his stories. I would say that my favourite Doctor Who story is the 1989 story The Curse of Fenric. Sylvester McCoy is so wonderfully at his darkest in this one. I also love the setting as well. My favourite Doctor's in order are:

Sylvester McCoy
Patrick Troughton
Colin Baker
Tom Baker
Peter Davison
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant
Paul McGann
William Hartnell
Jon Pertwee

I think the best Patrick Troughton from the ones I have heard and seen is The Tomb of the Cybermen. Even though people say that Tom Baker is the best Doctor, I would say that Patrick Troughton is the best actor out of all the actors that have played Doctor Who.:)

Anyone hear the news about a possible Dr Who movie?
Perhaps it's already been brought up in this string, but I didn't feel like rummaging through to find out. :)

Don't think it has - good spot curt, I knew we missed you for a reason.

Moffat wrote the Tintin film, so he has connections and pedigree (if it does well). Think it'll work as long as they keep DT on board.

Quote: George @ August 27 2008, 9:42 PM BST

I am a big fan of Doctor Who, especially of the Seventh Doctor and his stories. I would say that my favourite Doctor Who story is the 1989 story The Curse of Fenric. Sylvester McCoy is so wonderfully at his darkest in this one. I also love the setting as well. My favourite Doctor's in order are:

Sylvester McCoy
Patrick Troughton
Colin Baker
Tom Baker
Peter Davison
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant
Paul McGann
William Hartnell
Jon Pertwee

I think the best Patrick Troughton from the ones I have heard and seen is The Tomb of the Cybermen. Even though people say that Tom Baker is the best Doctor, I would say that Patrick Troughton is the best actor out of all the actors that have played Doctor Who.:)

McCoys your number one? You're a man of rare taste sir! Big up the McCoy!! :)

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 27 2008, 9:56 PM BST

Don't think it has - good spot curt, I knew we missed you for a reason.

Moffat wrote the Tintin film, so he has connections and pedigree (if it does well). Think it'll work as long as they keep DT on board.

Laughing out loud Pedigree. Good choice of words.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 27 2008, 9:58 PM BST

McCoys your number one? You're a man of rare taste sir! Big up the McCoy!! :)

He is indeed, and I was so lucky to meet him last year. Sophie Aldred was there too. Here are some pictures of me (with shaven head) with them.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa86/mccoy84/SylvesterSigningDay8thDecember2007a.png

http://i29.tinypic.com/fmt253.jpg

Quote: Curt @ August 27 2008, 10:00 PM BST

Laughing out loud Pedigree. Good choice of words.

:) Only for Snowy.

Sylvester McCoy
Patrick Troughton
Colin Baker
Tom Baker
Peter Davison
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant
Paul McGann
William Hartnell
Jon Pertwee

Seriously? Colin over Tom? Colin Baker freaked me out as a kid. Still scared by serious guys in afros.

Sylvester McCoy
Patrick Troughton
Colin Baker
Tom Baker
Peter Davison
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant
Paul McGann
William Hartnell
Jon Pertwee

Nice to see someone else who thinks that Sylvester McCoy was the best. I still remember an episode when i was really young and Sylvester was getting chased by a Dalek, so he ran up some stairs. So i thought to myself that The Doctor was safe since Daleks, like ED-209, lack the ability to perambulate. But then, all of a sudden the Dalek just started to slowly levitate up the bastards after him.
The part i remember best was the proper look of "Oh Fxck!" on Sylvester's face as the episode ended on a cliffhanger. Scared the hell out of me as a kid.

By the way, this was way before RTD had them flying about the British skys in the Flying V formation.

Quote: Zombie Mussolini @ August 27 2008, 10:06 PM BST

I still remember an episode when i was really young and Sylvester was getting chased by a Dalek, so he ran up some stairs. So i thought to myself that The Doctor was safe since Daleks, like ED-209, lack the ability to perambulate. But then, all of a sudden the Dalek just started to slowly levitate up the bastards after him.
The part i remember best was the proper look of "Oh Fxck!" on Sylvester's face as the episode ended on a cliffhanger. Scared the hell out of me as a kid.

Oh yes that is one of my most favourite cliffhanger's from the McCoy era. Another favourite cliffhanger of mine from the McCoy era is in The Curse of Fenric when Fenric gotten inside Dr Judson's body. "We play the contest again...Timelord".

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 27 2008, 8:09 PM BST

Loved 'Over-logging' too.

That was f**king ace! And I just experienced it for real!!
Was going from door to door on the local estate saying "hey, I hear you got some internet"

Quote: Gavin @ August 27 2008, 8:12 PM BST

LOL I went off south park for a while but back into it again now. Garrisons Penis on the mouse was genius.

I laughed my arse off when Garrison said if you boys see me penis catch it in a tray or something and Butters went "my head hurts"

This is revisionism gone mad.

I watched some Colin Baker the other day and what a charmless shouting nuisance he was. Sylvester McCoy was a decent actor saddled with portentious or ridiculos scripts, he never rose above.

The best "actor Drs" were Troughton, Ecclestone, Davison.
Best "entertainer Drs" Hartnell, Baker (Tom), Tenant, Pertwee,

Colin Baker on the subs bench.

Oops corrected Davidson top stuff

I do love a person who doesn't automatically put Tom at the top of the list!

But, you've accidentally put Tennant in the wrong place.

Oh well, I can forgive a simple admin error.

It was actually the 2 Doctors I watched. And watching Troughton vs Baker.

Was like comparing asti spumanti with champagne.

Quote: zooo @ August 27 2008, 10:12 PM BST

I always put Tennant on top of zooo, or behind sometimes.

Oh...this isn't the fantasy thread... :$

Quote: zooo @ August 27 2008, 10:12 PM BST

Tenant loses places for poor scripts. No one could make some of the stinkers he's been in good.