Joining up

Hey everyone i have currently got a lot of sitcom ideas in my mind and two pilots as well as 3 other episodes following the first pilot. I however lack a writing partner and would be very very interested in one to bounce ideas off so i guess im asking here as i cant find anyone. I am aware of the projects going on here but i wud prefer to work with just one other person perhaps two. with a partner i would like to get stuck in to a sitcom straght away, so let me no if you are interested and dont be afraid to ask any questions...much love

I'd be interested in being your writing partner. Are you looking to develop your existing ideas or create a new series?

Great :D

I wouldn't mind starting afresh to be honest but if yu have any good ideas then feel free to share them

Well, it depends what type of thing you want to do. Sitcom, sketch show...

I did have an idea for a set of "webisode"-type scripts. E.g. 5-page long scripts, which use the same characters each episodes. I don't know if that's something you would be interested in.

sounds cool though im more of a sitcom kind of guy, you any good existing sitcom ideas ?

Chris, take care and think hard! Sitcom is probably both the most difficult stuff to write and also the most difficult genre to get accepted by a production company. You will need to figure out how to sustain your 'laugh count' to pretty much three per minute and maintain that over a period of minimum three hours (i.e. at least 6 x 30 minute episodes). Even something you may think is a good Sitcom idea at the outset will maybe not stand up to that measure. My advice is 'stay flexible' ... only commit to 'Sitcom' when you have synopses of 6 potentially side-splitting episodes of something written down. If you can't work out how to make the fun last that long then consider writing a 1 or two hour comedy play instead ... and if that isn't sustainable either ... then rip out the best bits of what you've got and make them into sketches. That way you don't waste a lot of effort, and avoid disappointments later!!! Read my article in the Writing section of this forum entitled 'Sitcom: Why Audiences Laugh', it may help you decide what's best to do. I don't want to put you off though ... if you're really determined to do Sitcom then that's already one pre-requisite established ... determination!!!