What are you reading right now? Page 25

I'm reading the new David Sedaris, When You Are Engulfed In Flames.

Such an overly dramatic title for just a book of funny stories about his life. :)

Just finished "The Midwich Cuckoos" by John Wyndam. It was dramatised as "Village of the Damned" twice, and I got it for my birthday. It's actually amazing! I don't usually like sci-fi, but it was a really great read.

I am always reading Adam Phillips http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Phillips_(psychologist) for therapeutic and medicinal purposes. I really should suggest that Bernard Black stock some though but more specifically Fast Food Nation and it just makes me wish there was a Maccy Ds outside so i could bag myself a triple cheese burger. Now!

I am stuck in the middle of the land of germany spending too much time with my aunt, too much time on the internet and far too much time buying books but recently found a book swap site http://www.hitflip.de/books/ where i just read books then give them away for free and in return i get the book i want for free. As a consequence though i am not really making the most of the "idyllic" countryside . . .

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 8 2008, 1:50 PM BST

Just finished "The Midwich Cuckoos" by John Wyndam. It was dramatised as "Village of the Damned" twice, and I got it for my birthday. It's actually amazing! I don't usually like sci-fi, but it was a really great read.

Windham is such an under rated writer.

Midwich is ace I'd reccomend chrysalis and the day of the triffids (triffids is better)

I think I'm reading "Tender is the Night" next, but I'll look out those! I've got so much to read right now.

Triffids is good!

I'm reading some weird Spanish play...

In English, and deciding I'm Adela.

Adela thinks vampires are sexy. How is that not you? :P

Did Lorca say that exactly in the work, or are you reading between the lines a bit? :P

He basically said that. He said about as much as you did.

I'm reading Tender is the Night now by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I've finished the first "book" of the novel since this morning, and am really enjoying it. It's really insightful if you take it at the semi-autobiographical value it has.

Is this in preparation for that reading festival you keep going on about?

Either that or something really, really kinky.

Quote: Aaron @ August 9 2008, 11:05 PM BST

Either that or something really, really kinky.

She could tell us if it was. We would never pressure her into giving us the details! Whistling nnocently

Quote: ian_w @ August 9 2008, 11:04 PM BST

Is this in preparation for that reading festival you keep going on about?

Laughing out loud! Reading festival, not reading festival! My nan thought that it was the latter when I wrote it down!