The Smoking Room

Not the best comedy, but still enjoyable.

Did this come to a conclusion, I can't remember?

If they are going to do a new series,, how they going to deal with the smoking ban?

This series has ended and I think it’s more than enjoyable it was brilliant.

Not sure it concluded as opposed to just finished but Robin did come to except that he was gay which concluded perhaps one of the central threads.

It could have gone on for longer but some time back BBC3 announced that there were no plans for any more.

What no more plans for decent comedy? :P

Yes, The Smoking Room was cancelled. I personally really liked it but can see why it wasn't much of a hit with audiences in general - many found it too slow a pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7fihGY1Szk

Enjoy :D

But it's weird how the equally (or more) slow Royle Family got a big audience and this didn't.

I think it's based on its rubbish scheduling.

The writer and all the actors wanted to continue with another series (it also won Baftas, etc) but the BBC are wankers.

Thank God that second series came to a nice conclusion anyway. Great show.

Quote: zooo @ May 24, 2007, 7:34 PM

The writer and all the actors wanted to continue with another series (it also won Baftas, etc) but the BBC are wankers.

I'm not sure if that was a good idea you saying that.

I totally disagree with you !!!!!!!!!!

PS - I've just bought a new cheap keyboard on which the exclamation mark works. Had you noticed it didn't before ???

I bet you had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's okay, zooo isn't my real name! They'll never trace me!

No Laura, it's not.

Cough.

Ssshhhh!

This show had one of the funniest lines in it.

They're talking about books:
'What's that one where they all go through the wardrobe?'
'Anne Frank?'

:D

I'm sure I heard that joke somewhere else cos I only watched Smoking Room once - unless it was in that episode of course.