Hi-De-Hi! DVDs?

Can anyone explain to me why I can buy series 1, 2, 3 & 4 on DVD, yet I can not buy 5-9? I may be getting on a bit (I'm 33) but I still think this is one of the funniest yet innocent comedies around.

It is probably to do with the fact that 1-4 were released via Playback. Playback lost the licensing rights to a few BBC comedies. However Series 5&6 are to be released soon check the New Releases topic in the DVD section.

Got a bargin today. Went into a charity shop in Manchester to kill some time and got series 1 & 2 of Hi De Hi on DVD for a fiver. £25 RRP.

Not sure how I missed this thread originally, but it's because Universal Playback are worse than useless. :)

Anyway, series' 8 and 9 will be out in September. Hopefully they'll finish off 'Allo 'Allo! next.

And such a shame that they f**ked up the series numbers at #3 - wankers

Watched some episodes a good few years ago, BBC Saturday night repeats, and remember it being okay, by no means brilliant but okay. Having watched all but the last episode now of series 1, the show started off very average, took a few episodes to get in to, but I'm really enjoying it now.

Just bought series 7 which cost as much as the two series of the other dvds, but still fantastic, though it was never the same without Simon Cadelll.

I got Hi-De-Hi! Series 1 & 2 from http://www.hitmeister.de/ but I think you can get series 5 - 9 ( r at least some of them) from [h=823077] - hope this helps!

I had a good find here in Leeds. First series of Cheers for £5 in CEX, all discs mint.