Untimely dismissal

‘Untimely Dismissal' – this is a sketch I just wrote for my JunkMale buddies to do. It's just a rough draft at the mo. For anybody who knows the JunkMales (apparently we have a fan in Bournemouth…) I would cast Dave ‘Gagsy' Short as the lawyer and Danny ‘JB1' Banks as the client.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

INT. OFFICE. THERE IS A SIGN ON THE WALL. "ECCLESIASTICAL LEGAL REPRESENTATION LTD". A BESPECTACLED BUSINESS LAWYER IS SAT BEHIND THE DESK. THE CLIENT IS INITIALLY OUT OF VIEW (UNTIL I TELL YOU!) BOTH THE LAWYER AND CLIENT ARE MALE.

CLIENT:
Like I said, I want to sue the monastery for fair dismissal.

LAWYER: (kindly)
(PAUSE) I'm afraid you just can't, you can sue for unfair dis-

BEFORE THE LAWYER CAN FINISH THE CLIENT REACHES OUT WITH BIG HAIRY ARMS AND PULLS THE LAWYER RIGHT OUT OF HIS CHAIR AND HALFWAY OVER THE DESK SHOUTING STRAIGHT INTO HIS FACE.

CLIENT:
I want to sue the f...... bastards for fair f...... dismissal - can't you f...... understand that you f...... moron?

THE CLIENT PUSHES THE LAWYER BACK INTO HIS CHAIR.

LAWYER:
Golly! (STRAIGHTENS HIS TIE) ..right, well, tell me if you will, what did you feel was (BEAT) fair about your dismiss-

AGAIN THE CLIENT GRABS THE LAWYER IN THE SAME WAY AND SHOUTS IN HIS FACE. THE LAWYERS GLASSES FALL OFF.

CLIENT:
What did I think was f...... fair about my f...... dismissal? You t..., you want me tell you what was f...... fair about it, well I'll f...... tell you, I will!

AGAIN THE CLIENT PUSHES THE LAWYER BACK INTO HIS CHAIR.

LAWYER:
Well, I.. (PICKS HIS GLASSES UP AND PUTS THEM BACK ON) I'm going to turn the bleeper on, OK? (PRESSES A BUTTON ON THE DESK) Now, er what exactly was–

THE CLIENT LUNGES FOR THE LAWYER BUT THIS TIME THE LAWYER JUMPS UP OUT OF HIS CHAIR AND AVOIDS THE CLIENTS GRASP. THERE IS A LOUD BLEEP AND A LIGHT BULB ON THE DESK THAT FLASHES EVERY TIME THE CLIENT SWEARS.

CLIENT:
(bleep) (bleep) (bleep)

THE LAMP FLASHES THREE TIMES.

LAWYER:
Now look Sister Metallica this just wont do! Control yourself! I'm trying to help you!

THE CLIENT NOW COMES INTO VIEW. A MALE DRESSED AS A HARD ROCK NUN.

CLIENT:
Control my (bleep) self! What kind of (bleep) are you? I punched the (bleep) Mother Superiors (bleep) lights out, didn't I! (GENTLER FEMALE VOICE FOLLOWS) Totally unjustified behaviour on my part I'm afraid, Mr Brewster.. (SMILES SWEETLY)

THE LAWYER SITS BACK DOWN.

LAWYER:
Punched her lights out? Dear, dear… Well, that seems fair.. er, I mean, fair dismissal. Look, I can see you would feel angry about being dismissed but…

THE CLIENT GRABS THE LAWYER AGAIN AND HAULS HIM BACK OVER THE DESK SHOUTING IN HIS FACE.

CLIENT:
I'm not (bleep) angry, you (bleep)! What do I have to (bleep) do to get you to (bleep) understand (BEAT) (bleep)!

THE CLIENT PUSHES THE LAWYER BACK IN HIS CHAIR AGAIN.

LAWYER:
(RUBS HIS HEAD) I'm sorry Sister, look ..I just can't take any more of this, I really can't..

THE LAWYER PUSHES A SECURITY BUTTON UNDER HIS DESK. NOTHING HAPPENS. HE PUSHES IT AGAIN.

CLIENT:
(GENTLER FEMALE VOICE) Ah, I see.. you won't take my case? Well, perhaps I can persuade you a different way? (SMILES SEXILY)

THE CLIENT MOVES AROUND THE DESK, PULLS UP HIS NUNS HABIT TO REVEAL VERY HAIR LEGS IN SUSPENDERS AND STOCKINGS. HE PLONKS A LEG ON THE CHAIR BETWEEN THE LAWYERS THIGHS.

CLIENT:
(MALE VOICE) Well?

THE LAWYER LOOKS VERY KEEN AND SUGGESTIVELY RUBS HIS PEN UP THE CLIENTS LEG. TWO SECURITY GUARDS BURST IN. THE CLIENT QUICKLY COVERS HIMSELF.

CLIENT:
(DISTRESSED FEMALE VOICE) Oh thank god you've come! This horrible little man has molested me! Oh, the shame… the shame!

THE SHOCKED SECURITY GUARDS GRAB THE PROTESTING LAWYER AND REMOVE HIM FROM THE ROOM. WHILE THEY ARE DOING THAT, THE CLIENT SITS DOWN IN THE LAWYERS CHAIR AND STARTS LOOKING THROUGH THE DRAWERS LIKE A THIEF, FINDS A BIG CIGAR AND LIGHTS IT UP WITH A DESK LIGHTER, AND LAUGHS.

CLIENT:
(Bleep)

THE LAMP FLASHES.

Maybe it's late but it didn't really work for me. Maybe another visual one.

(bleep)! Laughing out loud

I say 'bleep' Dave because I know a mature guy like you won't take offence! Your opinion is always very welcome, as you know! If it don't work for you, it don't work for you... :(

I've amended it slightly, but not much! :)

"Sister Metallica"
Sure it isn't St. Anger?
Ah only Metallica fans will get that... it wasn't even funny, much like half my jokes...
Oh look a humming bird
Its gone now...
:)

Quote: Ydna @ July 20 2008, 3:19 AM BST

"Sister Metallica"
Sure it isn't St. Anger?
Ah only Metallica fans will get that... it wasn't even funny, much like half my jokes...
Oh look a humming bird
Its gone now...

It wasn't even funny like half my sketches!!! :) ("only half?")

Love the avatar, Ydna!

It seems like to 2 skits jammed together, and as such neither quite works.

Why was the nun dismissed?

But the bleep swearing kinda goes no where, and the sexual harrassment is ugly woman gets harrassed, bloke gets in trouble.

Separate them out, and give them a fuller story, they could work.

Yep there's quite a few loose ends there for sure. Appreciate the crit mate - very useful!

Fx

Incomprehensible !
Pirate

I'll have to look that up in the dictionary, Bill, I will! :P

Thinx: looks like this sketch needs more work...

It means you have to go to a Grammar school Frankie.

Quote: Marc P @ July 20 2008, 6:10 PM BST

It means you have to go to a Grammar school Frankie.

Went to one, squire!

Can't you effin tell?

;)

I meant incomprehensible means...

Oooh I see what you are doing there!

Anyway, how goes it old buddy? :)

Not toooo bad. Nice to see you again and posting stuff!

Quote: Marc P @ July 20 2008, 6:20 PM BST

Not toooo bad. Nice to see you again and posting stuff!

Good-o!

Yeah I had a bit of a break but I'm back working with the JM's again ...on a radio pilot ...well, I think that's what it is, they don't tell me much, me being "some old nutter" that just happens to turn up now and again!!