So many hello threads ...

...so little time.

Well that's a lie for a start. If I was busy I wouldn't be hanging around Internet forums.

Anyway, hello. What can I tell you? Despite my username I'm not Italian. I'm half Welsh, half English - this causes me numerous problems, not least during the Six Nations.

I'm not a writer, though I once had delusions I would be.

I like cats, I don't like people who don't. (A shiny prize for anyone who can name the film that comes from without looking it up on the IMDb.)

I'm hurtling towards my fortieth birthday and feel I really should be doing something with my life but then I get distracted by the TV.

Comedy taste includes Blackadder, Black Books, Green Wing, Peep Show, Big Train, A Bit of Fry & Laurie, Seinfeld, Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey, Frankie Boyle and Bill Hicks.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that Kidnapped, the best US drama in years, was cancelled after one series whilst Lost still plods on inexorably.

And now I've introduced myself I must go because it's nearly time for The Apprentice.

Welcome. I like you comedy choice, Big Train!! I hate that virgin advert, it always makes me think their advertising it for a repeat or something?

Anyway, have fun here, because you'll never leave.

And if someone called Charley offers you anything, just say, no.

What Virgin advert is that the one with the blonde on the volcano were she screams "save me or these mad bone nosed tribal folk will feed me to their volcano god" and a Virgin train swoops in and saves the day then nails her....
Oh Hello Chiaroscuro

.., I think so yeah.

Hello & welcome.

It can be exhausting but it's fun. So is writing on these forums. We've all got too much time on our hands. Look - I'm approaching my 1,000th posting.

You sad bastard! - Oh wait!

Hi Chia'. I like cats too.

Hi there Chiaroscuro & welcome Wave

I`m an animal lover too!

hello Chiaroscuro,

Doesn't your name mean a type of art where there's either dark or light and no inbetween?! Very dramatic!!

Welcome to the forums! :)

Hi Chiaroscuro... welcome to the forums! Lots of fun to be had here...

Personally, I'm stil waiting for the fun... but other forum members have assured me it does go on.

Quote: Gavin @ May 16, 2007, 10:09 PM

What Virgin advert is that the one with the blonde on the volcano were she screams "save me or these mad bone nosed tribal folk will feed me to their volcano god" and a Virgin train swoops in and saves the day then nails her....
Oh Hello Chiaroscuro

Speaking of volcano adverts, have you seen the new volvic advert were the volcano has the voice of Matt Berry (Dr.Sanchez/Darkplace), although the T-Rex isn't that funny, I could watch the talking volcano all day. God that makes me laugh, his voice in general is genius.
Anyway, welcome to the forum Chiaroscuro, hope you enjoy every aspect of it, i know i am.

(by the way, i had to copy and paste your name, i hope you don't feel put off by that...its a nice name)

I love cats thats one of mine

<-------

Welcome to the BSG. You have to be delusional to be a writer so you'd probably be good at it. Apprentice was great last night. Especially Trey (or Tray or Tres or however you spelll it). That guy is hilarious.

Adam

Quote: Leevil @ May 16, 2007, 9:10 PM

Welcome. I like you comedy choice, Big Train!! I hate that virgin advert, it always makes me think their advertising it for a repeat or something?

Hi and thanks. Yes, that Virgin ad is annoying. Maybe I shouldn't say that in case they cut my Internet connection.

Anyway, have fun here, because you'll never leave.

A bit like the Hotel California? Sorry, I apologise wholeheartedly for that.

And if someone called Charley offers you anything, just say, no.

:D Thanks for the tip.

Quote: Gavin @ May 16, 2007, 10:09 PM

Oh Hello Chiaroscuro

Hi Gavin.

I'll have a glass of what you've been drinking. ;) Is that a wink? It looks like me when I poke myself in eye with the mascara brush.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 16, 2007, 10:37 PM

Hello & welcome.

It can be exhausting but it's fun. So is writing on these forums. We've all got too much time on our hands. Look - I'm approaching my 1,000th posting.

Ha, giving me a target to aim for, eh? :D Thanks for the welcome. According to my post count last night I'd made two posts but I only remember typing the introduction last night. I must've been here before. Possibly when I was drunk.

Quote: Wildjesusfishkid @ May 16, 2007, 11:14 PM

Hi Chia'. I like cats too.

:) Then we shall be friends for ever and ever. :D

Quote: Jude @ May 16, 2007, 11:43 PM

Hi there Chiaroscuro & welcome Wave

I`m an animal lover too!

Hi. And a Johnny Depp lover. A person of fine taste. Just like me. :D

Quote: EllieJP @ May 17, 2007, 4:44 AM

hello Chiaroscuro,

Doesn't your name mean a type of art where there's either dark or light and no inbetween?! Very dramatic!!

Welcome to the forums! :)

Hi EllieJP. Yeah, the name does mean that. I've just explained it on another forum and said it's because like Blackadder, "Sometimes I'm nice, and sometimes I'm nasty...".

Oh and also if you translate it into French it's clair-obscure, and my real name's Claire. And sometimes I'm obscure... Errr

Well it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ May 17, 2007, 8:55 AM

Hi Chiaroscuro... welcome to the forums! Lots of fun to be had here...

Personally, I'm stil waiting for the fun... but other forum members have assured me it does go on.

Hi Darren. Hey, now I'm here it'll be wall to wall fun. Everyone that knows me will tell you I'm a little ray of sunshine. OK I'm lying again.

Hello there, welcome to the site and stay about the place. If you don't i will get angry, and you won't like me when i'm angry, i get all angry and turn really angry, so unless you don't want me to get angry stay around, o did i metion welcome to the site.