Ideal - Series 4 Page 2

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 19 2008, 1:59 PM BST

Series three was a bit messy, but there was some brilliant writing. I'm also looking forward to this, although I'm sorry to see Julia Davis in it - she's been coasting for a while.

I caught it on BBC3 last night and did enjoy it. Only, the second time I have watched it so I intend to look into the earlier series. Great line from JV,

"You'll love Manchester, it's a London you can eat between meals."

And great soundtrack, especially last night as they were doing a 1993 flashback show.

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ May 10 2008, 8:41 AM BST

I caught it on BBC3 last night and did enjoy it. Only, the second time I have watched it so I intend to look into the earlier series.

I'd definitely recommend going back and checking out the other series Nigel - it will certainly enhance appreciation futher

For example, that great flashback revealed new things about the characters that you'd probably only find funny should you have seen the previous series. e.g. That gay Brian used to date hot girls, and that PC does actually have a name.

hi in series 4 where jenny firsts seduces moz she dances to a song...sounds 80s disco...if anyone knows what it was could they tell me...amazing song

andrew stanney

Was last nights the last one in the series, I hope they have not killed Jenny off because i was really enjoying the relationship developing between her and Mos, and what was did Judith discover in CH's red bag?

Yes, I believe it was the final episode of the series.

Did everyone know that Gay Brian is Graham Duff the writer? I only recently found that out.

Yes, we all knew that, and we've noticed that you resemble him quite closely:)

Is there going to be another series, do we know?

Quote: Sofa_Matt @ June 17 2008, 11:10 AM BST

Yes, we all knew that, and we've noticed that you resemble him quite closely:)

Is there going to be another series, do we know?

I can't imagine there won't be, it's very good. Very dark though - Fist is genuinely creepy isn't he?

Yes the Fist character has a real haunting quality.

While I watched the end last night, I wonderered whether Graham Duff was trying to deliver a message about the evils of drugs and dealing. Even if Moz's choice of lifestyle seems harmless enough, he ended up losing everything, his long term partner, her child, his best mate and his new love. Not to mention the difficulty he was going to have getting rid of the bodies.

Am I reading too much in what is otherwise a very dark and funny piece of writing or is there a moral message here?

Don't forget he also lost the big Wide Screen TV as well :D

Hi hi,

Wow. That seemed to me like it could be the last episode ever! More-or-less everything was wrapped up. I hope not, this is a great comedy.

I thought the bee mask was in the red bag, and that's why she cried, then appeared with it. Or, a (rather sick) thought that's just occured to me, it's Cartoonhead's real face (ala Silence of the Lambs). Ugh, grossed myself out there.

Anyway, gotta go, "I'm on probation" ;)

P.S. I didn't know Brian was Graham Duff until earlier today and I've watched all four series. Shows how much attention I pay to the credits.

@andrew stanney

The song was 'Number 1' by Goldfrapp, available on there 'Supernature' album. 2005, not 80's I'm afraid. :)

Welcome, Nil, welcome! :)

Thanks Aaron Wave

Can anybody tell me the name of the song and the artist who did the song that was playing on ideal in the scene when Jenny was shot during the fight with Cartoon Head, it was playing whilst Jenny was lying on the floor. I have tried to find it but to no avail. Thanks

Don't know this one, I did like it though. Be interested to know too.

EDIT: I've found it on tinternet, it's called 'Enter One' by Sol Seppy. Here's link where you can listen to the track. http://www.myspace.com/solseppy