Guilt - The sitcoms you daren't admit you love? Page 2

Quote: chipolata @ June 5 2008, 12:57 PM BST

Duty Free. In many ways this is far superior to Bennidorm.

Duty Free was a solid Eric Chappell effort, with strong performances from Keith Barron and Gwen Taylor. Nothing to be ashamed of there

I hate those 3 ''sitcoms'' too, and Im rapidly going off the ones I used to like very recently, there is something to be said for ''leaving them wanting more''.

I diagree with the Will and Grace knockers. I think it was a great show.

I'm ashamed to admit to anyone that I love 'You Rang M'lord?'

It never really makes me laugh but I just can't stop watching it!

Will and Grace makes me feel ill.

Quote: Rockabilly @ June 5 2008, 2:07 PM BST

Will and Grace makes me feel ill.

You mean you're not a 30-something dying to be a fag-hag? :O

If it hadn't been for Alec Baldwin's turn in Will and Grace, I doubt very much whether Tina Fey would have chosen him for 30 Rock. I appreciate it's not for everyone, but I think it was a smartly written well-acted show.

Quote: Griff @ June 5 2008, 2:27 PM BST

After Alec Baldwin's amazing performance in Glengarry Glen Ross, he should be able to walk into any role he wants. Also, respect to the man for the whole Kim Basinger thing.

I have major problems with Will & Grace. It seems very muddled. They try to do gross humour (there was a gag in the one I saw last week about Minnie Driver having things stuck up her ass) but get all squeamish and try to deliver the lines as if they are doing Noel Coward. Also Karen and Jack overact horribly, squealing and mugging at the slightest hint of an unfunny joke. The only one to come out with any credibility is Debra Messing. Sorry Chip, I know you like it. I had to get that off my chest.

Fair enough. It is an acquired taste.

I think Will and Grace is hilarious. The writers pack a lot more jokes into each episode, than you get in the average sitcom.

By the way, is there anyone else on here, besides me, who thinks Fawlty Towers is overrated?

Quote: catskillz @ June 5 2008, 2:50 PM BST

By the way, is there anyone else on here, besides me, who thinks Fawlty Towers is overrated?

I think some people do talk it up a little, but it's a sublime construction of numerous different comic forms.

I should add, by the way, that I've never seen the Fawlty Towers episode, in which Basil "thrashes" his car. That seems to be the one that most people talk about, and I always seem to miss it, whenever it's repeated.

:O

Nelson's Column

No idea if that's Alan or Jay, but I really want to see that one at some point. (That's not a hint btw, although you're free to take it as such if you wish. :D)

I was quite fond of Hardware, the Simon Nye comedy starring Martin Freeman and that guy out of Coronation Street. Bad, but strangely enjoyable