My first contract Page 6

Quote: Griff @ April 25 2008, 7:44 PM BST

I sent a grovelling email, it didn't really help.

I can see this setting me back considerably here. My only contact has gone down the pan.

Quote: Griff @ April 25 2008, 7:44 PM BST

Well, there are other contacts out there, and if you managed to get one on the strength of your writing, no reason you can't get others.

But you never know. Given time, things blow over. People don't hold grudges forever.

Yeah but I was really feeling like things were going somewhere, and now I've cocked it up.

I've made errors in the past, but this is the biggest - at a crucial time.

don't let it get you down too much seefacts. These things happen. It's all part of the learning curve. They need your ideas as much as you need them, sort of, you know what I mean.

It's friday night. get pissed.

My heart truly goes out to you Seefacts, don't let it make you bitter and turn to the bottle like the 'business' did to me

Quote: bushbaby @ April 25 2008, 8:45 PM BST

My heart truly goes out to you Seefacts, don't let it make you bitter and turn to the bottle like the 'business' did to me

Oh, blimey.

I'll try.

I'm working on my sketch portfolio now. I've basically got an episode's worth to send out, that's a plus.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 25 2008, 8:48 PM BST

Oh, blimey.

I'll try.

I'm working on my sketch portfolio now. I've basically got an episode's worth to send out, that's a plus.

Great stuff, keep at it. that producer will move on at some stage. <3

Certainly sounds unfortunate.

Like Judubya said, it's part of a learning curve. I'm sure you're not the first comedy writer to make a mistake when entering the industry.

Like all f**k ups in life, you've just got to pick yourself up.

Yeah, thanks everyone.

I'm currently trying my luck elsewhere and fire off a few emails, to make it seem like I'm not going backwards.

Hey Seefacts, you're clearly a talented writer and you're going to make it.

If this guy feels like you've made him look a tit then he's going to be pissed off for a while, but he'll calm down. He's only human. Ultimately if he believes in the script enough he'll push for it. I mean, business is business. I don't think you can help the fact that as a "budding" writer you advertise your wares left right and centre... he has to understand that once he's cooled off. It's not like you've really committed a major crime.

Calm down mate. You'll be fine. You certainly don't want to act like a big girl and panic and make things worse. Cool it. Everything will be AOK :D

Bad luck Seefacts, but it doesnt mean its dead in the water. Unless youve been told its dead in the water of course. There are other channels for them to take it to if its a no from the BBC and the producer still has faith in it. I know youre not going to say, but Im going to take a punt at it being Ash Attala. Man Stroke Women and The Office on the Beeb, am I close??

Quote: James Williams @ April 25 2008, 10:01 PM BST

Hey Seefacts, you're clearly a talented writer and you're going to make it.

If this guy feels like you've made him look a tit then he's going to be pissed off for a while, but he'll calm down. He's only human. Ultimately if he believes in the script enough he'll push for it. I mean, business is business. I don't think you can help the fact that as a "budding" writer you advertise your wares left right and centre... he has to understand that once he's cooled off. It's not like you've really committed a major crime.

Calm down mate. You'll be fine. You certainly don't want to act like a big girl and panic and make things worse. Cool it. Everything will be AOK :D

Thanks dude.

I know we've had our spats, but I appreciate it.

You're right.

In a few days I might email him again and say all that.

What you need to do is some bluffing, tell the producer you've now got an American company chomping at the bit, and does he want your work or not

Quote: Griff @ April 25 2008, 10:22 PM BST

What you need to do is some bluffing, tell the producer you've now got an American company chomping at the bit, and does he want your work or not

I would think that honesty and straight talk are what is needed here. Plus Seefacts, only a suggestion but you might like to edit your post to remove the producer's name from a public Internet forum in this particular discussion. I dunno if he reads these boards but I know all kinds of industry people do, and he might not appreciate you telling the world that he's been "made to look a dick" etc., even though you are saying that it is your fault not his.

Yeah, true. Thanks.

I wish I'd tried for the Comedy College now . . . D'oh!

F**king power mad bastards i f**king hate the lot of them

As they in Northampton "chin up, me duck." heh.

Apparently my other pilot is still 'worthy of development' say another big company, so I'm a bit happier with that.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.