Spoonerisms and Malapropisms

Here's one I found in an old file under my bed. It's an interview between a man who talks in spoonerisms and another who uses malapropisms

“Well mister Smith, that remains a bowl of contention” he said.

I looked him squarely in the eye and asked:

“But did you not gust a butt to expose his lack of pies?”

“His lack of pies were not geranium to the tissue”.

“Well had it been me I’d have searched lie and hoe and left no turn un-stoned” I insisted.

“No turn un-stoned” he mused.

“Now that remains me of the time I spent abroad a chip. I was the enteritis massager” he smiled.

“Well I never” I replied. “Then I simply must tell you about the time I met Polly Darton aboard the EQ2. She was bop of the till”

“Ah yes she’s the one famous for having had all the sarcastic purgery?”

“Yes that’s the one. She’s also famous for singing bad salads” I said.

“Ah yes the well known springer. I know her" He seemed deep in thought for a moment and then said:

"I went on a cruise once to Algiers you know? Spent a lot of time at the cash bar”

I thought that we were getting off the point by this stage.

“You know talking about old Polly and pop of the tops and all that. Do you think I could be the Jan for your mob? Do you think I could be your wumber nun?” I asked him, steering the conversation back to the hatter in mand.

“Well you know Mr Smith, what you’re porpoiseing is by no mans a damp squid. I can see you in my origami-nation as the head of Humour Discourses. I’d like to offer you a cataract if you’re wailing”

“Excellent I’ll me you Sunday”

END:

words melting my mind!!! I don't under stand lol I think it's be loads better when its performed. I had fast talking high trouser guys from family guy in my head when I read it lol

I thought it was quite brilliant. Its very different, and different is always good.

Ah, Blonkinsep,I was just pissing bo and.... Never mind. All I can say is that this kind of dialogue is never easy but I think you've written an excellent piece.

quality, i read it through a few times, it was well constructed, it was well written the choice of words was spot on and it smelt nice (i've praised almost everything about it so i might aswell add the smell, a hint of rasberry i sense *note to self, your making a arse of your self*)
brilliant peice well done.

Very very good ... and does exactly what it says at the top very originally and competently! Well done.

Very nice. The premise reminded me of Python's The Man Who Speaks in Anagrams and The Man Who Says Words in the Wrong Order.

Thanks very much all. Glad you enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it - i could imagine the Two Ronnies doing it.

bump

Quote: charley rance @ April 16, 2007, 4:41 AM

bump

Thanks Charley

10p on its way in the post.

B

Blenky my friend, this is wonderful. You really are an acrobatic wordsmith of the highest quality.

It really is a difficult thing to try. I wouldn't dream of trying - too much like hard work but a good result.