British Comedy Quiz Page 74

Good good. 0/5 is what you're supposed to get on the "harder bonus five" so that's pleasing. 🙂

Quote: Niki Walton @ 1st May 2024, 10:26 AM

Great fun quiz AJK, even if I did hit a new low in scoring - 6/10 and 0/5!

Thanks glad you enjoyed it.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 1st May 2024, 5:34 AM

Good quiz though!
Minor point- Ian Fleming's name is spelt wrong.

Thanks glad you enjoyed it. Yes I'll have to blame auto spell for that, I forgot it doesn't work on names. 😠

Quote: a plate @ 1st May 2024, 1:44 AM

the answer to question 3 was an interesting bit of trivia - I'd never heard that, imagine changing the actual name of a town just 'cos of the 'negative associations of a comedy character!?'

Yes they didn't admit to it like councils don't but it was leaked by someone on the committee at the time that this was the sole reason, they're very snobby round that way. I had 'specifically' Mark modified it to in part I presume to prevent getting sued. 🙂

I got 8 out of 10 today! (May 8)
Good quiz! I was lucky just to get Q5 and Q6 wrong. Spent some time trying to estimate how many Taskmaster episodes were on Dave.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 8th May 2024, 1:04 AM

I got 8 out of 10 today! (May 8)
Good quiz! I was lucky just to get Q5 and Q6 wrong. Spent some time trying to estimate how many Taskmaster episodes were on Dave.

You're up late! Imagine my surprise when I saw someone had got here first!

Quiz 305 from Ian Wolf:
I got 4/10. The Taskmaster one was an educated worked out guess like Chris did, and the only one I knew for definite was Jonny's job in Friday Night Dinner.
Watched a lot of Bottom but couldn't remember the football team Eddie supports...
Correct: 1, 3, 6, 8.

5/10

I correctly answered numbers 3, 4, 5 & 8 without a problem. And correctly answered number 2 by the simple tactic of naming the only one of the options that I have heard of. Could be the way forward!

A grand total of one and one, and all guesses except Python. On a positive note, I got the Bottom one wrong.

A very surprising 7/10 for me on a quiz that couldn't be further from my own comedy parameters, so more than a bit of lucky guesswork at play there. Absolutely right to have different quiz setters giving us a wide range of comedy subjects to puzzle over.

Really enjoyed that one, 7/10 and 2/5 included a few lucky guesses and a few more instances of having to pause to think things through.

Quiz 306 from Niki Walton! Good range of questions. An impressive 8/10 for me, although I had the feeling we'd had a few of these questions before? (i.e. Man About the House, Father Ted characters giving things up for Lent, and the Cannon and Ball film)? Could be my imagination.. or maybe like Michael Monkhouse said, it's inevitable that the same/similar questions will come up from time to time.

Correct: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

9 out of 10!
Just got the Notting Hill one wrong.

Characteristically shitty 3 and 1, even though I felt on relatively safer ground this wank. By a strange consequence I just watched ''Ullo John...' on YouTube yesterday. Got the Bottom one right but in my defence it's cos of the similarity to Catflap, which was equally shit but just after The Young Ones so I have an excuse for having watched it.

7/10. Didn't know numbers 4, 8 or 9.

Quote: a plate @ 15th May 2024, 1:55 AM

Good range of questions. An impressive 8/10 for me, although I had the feeling we'd had a few of these questions before?

Thank you a plate - nothing too similar came up when I checked before submitting the questions, though I understand Mark is letting questions through if it's been three or four years since a similar one was asked.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 15th May 2024, 6:06 AM

9 out of 10!.

Brilliant Chris, well done!

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th May 2024, 6:46 AM

Got the Bottom one right but in my defence it's cos of the similarity to Catflap

I think this was a theme that ran through all Rik & Ade's work together 😁

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th May 2024, 8:02 AM

7/10. Didn't know numbers 4, 8 or 9.

Well done Billy, glad you enjoyed 🙂

I think this was a theme that ran through all Rik & Ade's work together [/quote]
Rik told Wogan that after The Young Ones, his next project would be 'exploring new fields'. Check:
The Young Ones - manic self-obsessed Rik.
Filthy, Rich and Catflap - manic self-obsessed Richie.
Bottom - manic self-obsessed Richie.
Whatever would he have thought of next?
See you next wank.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 15th May 2024, 10:43 AM

Thank you a plate - nothing too similar came up when I checked before submitting the questions, though I understand Mark is letting questions through if it's been three or four years since a similar one was asked.

I did mention this to Mark sometime ago, and it is difficult to monitor, and good on yer Niki for checking where you can.

On Only Connect they have (of course!) a huge database, and woe betide you if you don't check it before submitting pitches!