DVD collection Page 26

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th March 2024, 9:35 AM

That's because they are usually thinking about what their boyfriend will be doing to them tonight 😈

Your part of the world has very different charity shop staff to mine.

Quote: Aaron @ 29th March 2024, 10:44 AM

😄

I'm 79 and we have some hot babes in our local charity shops 😛

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th March 2024, 9:35 AM

That's because they are usually thinking about what their boyfriend will be doing to them tonight 😈

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_objectification

Well, and also, "But did she ROFL (as the young folk apparently say)? No she did not. She JSTU (just stood there unsmiling)." gave the impression Billy was talking about a young girl assistant - they're not all old ladies in charity shops!!

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th March 2024, 4:41 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_objectification

I must get to church and confess

I'm being extra careful with my DVD collection now because some are becoming hard to replace. Apart from my Star Trek: Voyager boxsets which I'm obsessive about keeping scratch free I tend to leave DVDs lying around so they become scratched by dust. It's never bothered me too much because replacements of shows like The Office and Extras are easily found in charity shops but even they are becoming rarer as people buy them up because streaming versions cut so much content out.

I wanted to buy my sister Come Fly With Me (Lucas & Walliams) because she's never seen it but as it's now seen as un-PC and even Matt and David have said they regret some of the characters the only copies on Amazon are £20+ and it's out of stock on CEX so I'll have to lend her my copy.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 1st April 2024, 8:45 PM

I'm being extra careful with my DVD collection now because some are becoming hard to replace. Apart from my Star Trek: Voyager boxsets which I'm obsessive about keeping scratch free I tend to leave DVDs lying around so they become scratched by dust. It's never bothered me too much because replacements of shows like The Office and Extras are easily found in charity shops but even they are becoming rarer as people buy them up because streaming versions cut so much content out.

I wanted to buy my sister Come Fly With Me (Lucas & Walliams) because she's never seen it but as it's now seen as un-PC and even Matt and David have said they regret some of the characters the only copies on Amazon are £20+ and it's out of stock on CEX so I'll have to lend her my copy.

DVDs and Blu Rays are the new vinyl. Streamers can't be trusted not to delete your favourite films and tv shows, so it's definitely worth buying your favourites on physical media.