Your new favourite supporter Page 2

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 28th February 2024, 3:36 PM

Do you reckon that Amelia Bullmore's fantastic portrayal of Sonja wouldn't be permitted now?

When I saw Amelia in The IT Crowd I realised just how good she is at playing Sonja. Against someone like Coogan/Partridge it's easy for other great acting to go un-appreciated like her portrayal and Simon Greenall's accent. I'm hoping Michael makes a come back someday either as Michael or his twin brother. Did you hear that there's a new AP series due later this year on the BBC and I think it's in production now. 6 x 30 minute episodes based on Alan returning to the UK after a year in Saudi Arabia. Sounds promising.

"Alan, you're taking a man to the party"

"Get it off her, Lynn"

"ALAN!!"

"Well done Lynn, that was textbook"

Just thinking about the way Sonja shouts ALAN makes me laugh :D

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 8th March 2024, 10:09 PM

When I saw Amelia in The IT Crowd I realised just how good she is at playing Sonja. Against someone like Coogan/Partridge it's easy for other great acting to go un-appreciated like her portrayal and Simon Greenall's accent. I'm hoping Michael makes a come back someday either as Michael or his twin brother. Did you hear that there's a new AP series due later this year on the BBC and I think it's in production now. 6 x 30 minute episodes based on Alan returning to the UK after a year in Saudi Arabia. Sounds promising.

"Alan, you're taking a man to the party"

"Get it off her, Lynn"

"ALAN!!"

"Well done Lynn, that was textbook"

Just thinking about the way Sonja shouts ALAN makes me laugh :D

Amelia is an awesome actress - I recall her performance as Steph Barnes in Corrie and later on as Alex Price's human rights lawyer in Ashes to Ashes. Absolutely right, Partridge must have been a difficult cast to shine in, especially as Sonja only joined in S2. I wonder how long she stayed in Apache after Alan's house was completed? They'd clearly split up prior to Alpha Papa.

Simon Greenall is fabulous too, he's so darn versatile and his Geordie accent sounded absolutely spot on. That said, if there's a native Newcastle/Sunderland BCGer on here and I'm wrong, then I'll apologise in advance.

Ooh, more Partridge in the pipeline! I bought all of the Oast House books on Audible but I haven't got around to listening to them all as yet - I'll stick them on when I'm tackling the ironing mountain. I recall the first time I heard the 'I, Partridge' on audiobook on a colleague's phone - I think that I probably had to leave the open plan office for a while to calm myself down.