Here We Go Page 3

Well, yes, I'm fairly easily pleased and , well, yes, I favour family sitcoms but, in spite of, rather than because of that, I quite liked this one. Pleased there's more to come. If nothing else makes you giggle, you must at least nod to Jim Howick - the hapless scout leader who dies from a misfired arrow in Ghosts - playing Olympic archery star Paul Jessop in Here We Go.

Quote: Rose2010 @ 29th September 2023, 6:01 PM

Well, yes, I'm fairly easily pleased and , well, yes, I favour family sitcoms but, in spite of, rather than because of that, I quite liked this one. Pleased there's more to come. If nothing else makes you giggle, you must at least nod to Jim Howick - the hapless scout leader who dies from a misfired arrow in Ghosts - playing Olympic archery star Paul Jessop in Here We Go.

I knew he was in both but that hadn't clicked with me.

Quote: Rose2010 @ 29th September 2023, 6:01 PM

Yeah, I thought it deserved a second series. I liked it more as it went on. Hasn't quite 100% clicked with me, but I'll be giving it another go when S2 airs.

Yes very clever he's a ghost.

I watched about 10 minutes and decided not to waste any more time on it.

Decent enough special tonight. Even if the execution was a bit patchy, the writing was up-to-scratch and almost One Foot-esque in the way minor details early in the episode ended up significant later on.

The fact no-one seemed to comment on Alison Steadman's character suddenly having partially-dyed hair, and it supposedly being 4pm in the afternoon but not even close to being pitch black outside, unintentionally added to the hilarity! (You could tell it was filmed in the middle of summer).

Looking forward to the new series; hopefully it doesn't get buried, it now being nearly two years after the first series was shown.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd December 2023, 8:45 PM

I watched about 10 minutes and decided not to waste any more time on it.

Ditto. I used to enjoy it, but it now seems to have lost its way.

I liked it enough, feels the same as the first series where it has its strengths when things escalate (like this with Jim Howick getting into a scuffle at the hospital and Katherine Parkinson and the wigged - sorry, hair systemed - Alex MacQueen) and characters have something meatier, but everything else just seems sorta expositional.

I think I'll still watch when the 2nd series airs, it has decent potential, just hasn't fully clicked with me yet.

F me, if this is a sitcom I'm Harriet Harman. 💤

This came on the other night as I was about to stick red hot needles in my eyes, and unfortunately saw some of it while waiting for them to glow. I really must get a new furnace. If BAFTA had an award for most pointless scripted comedy this would win hands down every time. Here We Go As Far Away From True Sitcom As Physically Possible is of course its full official title. Or truncated into Here We Go Nowhere, unless of course something actually happened while I was blissfully blinded by near molten steel rods buried in my eyeballs❔🤔

Quote: Chappers @ 18th September 2023, 3:37 PM

Probably I've mentioned this before but the title means nothing. Why couldn't they have come up with something more informative of its content?

Hope this helps Chappers.

There's a thread on these forums titled "non-comedy films". Perhaps we should have one titled "non-comedy sitcoms". It would probably save us from having to create any further threads on any new shows.